CAS Array and NLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BJ Small

Hello all, not strickly an exchange 2010 question but for any one who has a CAS array definitely related

I am trying to configure a CAS array using NLB. All is configured however we cannot ping the virtual IP from across the switch.

Config is as follows:

Node 1 MEXCASHUB1 NIC 1 PROD = 10.10.10.50 default gateway 10.10.10.1 and NIC 2 NLB 192.168.1.1 no default gateway

Node 2 MEXCASHUB2 NIC 1 PROD = 10.10.10.51 default gateway 10.10.10.1 and NIC 2 NLB 192.168.1.2 no default gateway

DNS record for CAS Array = mailcasarray 10.10.10.100 this is also the info for the NLB VIP

The NLB is up and running and converged

Problem I cannot ping the VIP from the across the switch. I can ping it from each of the nodes in the cluster. But a client device cannot ping. They get destination host unreachable.

What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Thanks

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

It's expected that you can ping the VIP from the nodes since that address gets added to the network configurtion. Do an IPCONFIG /ALL and see.

Can the ping the individual hosts? If not, then maybe your Windows Firewall is blocking PING.

Can you get to the default IIS web page by both hostname and VIP name or IP address?

http://servername

http://load_balanced_VIP_name_or_address

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

B

BJ Small

from each host in the NLB i can get to the default page, i get an SSL error, but yes i can.

from non-NLB nodes i cannot do any of the above. i think need to add teh Virtual MAC of the NLB to the directly attached switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
D CAS Array Question Exchange Server Administration 11
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
T CAS Array/RPCClientAccessServer and Outlook profile experiences Exchange Server Administration 8
A Why not using DAG virtual IP/fqdn for CAS array in two nodes setup? Exchange Server Administration 2
A Exchange 2010 CAS Failover from Internet Facing site to Non-Internet Facing Site - Certificate Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
C Watson Error on CAS Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 2
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 3
M Fundamental CAS question for Exchange 2010 and 2007 Co-existence... Exchange Server Administration 7
M Exchange ActiveSync HTTP 500 Exchange CAS/HUB 2007 and Exchange 2003 BE & MBX CCR 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Exchange CAS server OAB directory not showing web.config file Exchange Server Administration 3
T RBAC Error on UM/CAS Servers Exchange Server Administration 2
R FQDN of Exchange CAS servers not in SSL cert Exchange Server Administration 2
D CAS Autodiscover using -rpcclientaccessserver Exchange Server Administration 5
D CAS Design Question Exchange Server Administration 4
D Exchange 2010 CAS at 2 different Sites Exchange Server Administration 2
T Cas server uninstall failed... Now how to reinstall? Exchange Server Administration 4
S Do you need a CAS Server in Order to Use OWA in Exchange 2010 (E14)? Exchange Server Administration 9
S Any system impact if change exchange 2010 CAS/HUB and Mailbox server IP address Exchange Server Administration 1
B Exchange 2003 OWA/OA/AS over NAT and Exchange 2010 CAS Exchange Server Administration 4
C CAS Connections overview Exchange Server Administration 9
R Exchange 2010 CAS high availibility cross datacenters Exchange Server Administration 9
S CAS install failed - "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key" Exchange Server Administration 7
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G [Help] Converting array to destination folder path Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Treebys Array out of bounds .display 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Storing userproperties to array Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Dr. Demento Outlook output to array -> Excel & re-format Using Outlook 2
G Array of Outlook 2007 Errors Using Outlook 3
G How to insert a json array into a calendar events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S MAcro - Need help in getting the recipients in to filed / cc field toput in an array Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Attachment Array? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Using Array for Attachments? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A message body- find any words in my array? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2