Inviting someone's 'additional calendar' in a meeting request (O'07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office manager in my firm has created an additional calendar and given several people author persmissions to it and shared it with us. The purpose of the calendar is to highlight certain events that, though personal to a user, are a big enough deal that we want everyone to be able to see them (we're the sort of office that sometimes sets up public events in our community).
We can open this additional calendar, add appointments, edit & delete only our own events. All good. What would be one step better is to be able to add an event to this calendar simply by adding the name/address to a 'meeting request.' Right now, we can only add the office manager herself---but I don't want to add the event to her primary, personal calendar. Rather, I want to be able to put a name or address in the "To:" line of a meeting request and have it automatically show up on her additional calendar.
We have an IT guy who is sporadically available for our office and is sort of a pain in the arse. A while ago he set up a different calendar in a "Public Folder" (no idea what that is or how to do it) and that calendar can indeed by added as another name in the list of names in a Meeting Request. Must I go the Public Folder route to get the functionality described above?

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Yes, you need to use a public folder (or another mailbox) in order to be able to 'invite' the calendar. You can do most of this yourself, right in Outlook (create the folder, give permissions)- someone, either you or the PITA, will need to mail-enable it from the Exchange console. If you have admin access to the admin console, i can probably talk you through it if i know the version of Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Inviting attendees Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
A VBA to create meeting from template from a time slot selected in someone's calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Rory Campion Not getting a warning when a shared calendar item has been updated by someone else Using Outlook 2
R Calendar says it is connected to someone else Exchange Server Administration 2
B Can someone please explain account set up from script Using Outlook 1
J Text alert when someone specific emails me Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone please answer a question about tasks for me Using Outlook 2
N How do you BCC Someone Using Outlook 1
D I hope someone can help... I'm being sabotaged! Using Outlook 2
S Removing myself as delegate from someone else's calendar Using Outlook 1
L Someone on facebook hacked my Outlook Express 2007 password and changed it. Help Using Outlook 2
A composing an e-mail for someone else. Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2003 (or Exchange 2003): Automatically coptying someone on outbound email Using Outlook 2
M We all use a 'shared' calendar to enter in our loan appointments. Is there a sound notification when someone enters an appointment in the c Using Outlook 1
M In Outlook 2010: How Do I Make Someone Else's Calendar the Default Calendar? Using Outlook 1
D All the items in the calendar are missing can someone help me Using Outlook 1
A How to change the email address of someone in multiple contact groups Using Outlook 2
J I cannot view public folders in Microsoft Outlook 10. We are using exchange server. Can someone help me? Thanks. Using Outlook 1
M Not receiving an error code just not getting my e-mail in Outlook. I was picking up mail from Windows Live. I had someone send e-mail to all my contac Using Outlook 2
C How can you add sounds to e-mails in outlook. I want to have a sound play when someone opens one of my e-mails______ Using Outlook 1
B Making an email list out of a distribution list to send to someone else who will make the distributi Using Outlook 2
U I've had to create another Administrator file, because someone accedentily put a password onto my e-mail. I still can not recieve or send e-mails Using Outlook 2
0 Copy an email Folder to give to someone else Using Outlook 1
M Please can someone fix my Outlook Connector sync issue! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
J My Microsoft Office Outlook Outbox is not sending any emails. Can someone help me to activate the Outbox or help me fix the problem. Using Outlook 8
T How to tell if someone is blind copied on an email? Using Outlook 5
W Inserting Additional Email Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Copy additional IMAP accounts into Oulook 365 Account Exchange Server Administration 4
D Create additional custom flag descriptions (other than Send E-Mail, Call etc.) Using Outlook 1
S VBA to modify appointment item in additional Exchange account doesn't work Using Outlook 0
W How to export additional fields in contacts Using Outlook 1
B Sharing Additional Calendars Using Outlook 1
B Searching OWA Additional Mailbox - in which Secondary folder is the email? Using Outlook 1
T Changing default reminder time for all day events - additional help needed Using Outlook 1
T OL 2010 Additional and Seperate Contacts/Address books. Using Outlook 12
U Cached mode additional mailboxes Using Outlook 2
A Copying additional contact fields when chosing "Contact from the same company" Using Outlook 5
B Populating Additional Outlook Column with Date \ Time Using Outlook 0
C Include additional contact folders in user's Outlook Address Book centrally by Exchange Server Administration 4
V Add Additional MAPI address book GPO? Using Outlook 12
J Refresh Folder List for Additional Mailbox in Outlook Using Outlook 1
I Limit To Additional Mailboxes in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 9
S Unable to see emails in the additional mailbox. Using Outlook 3
R Sharing additional calendars. Using Outlook 2
R Additional e-mail address converted to primary address? Exchange Server Administration 4
S steps to consider while adding additional exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 4
F Adding an additional mailbox so it comes up in online mode Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Client - "unable to connect to retrieve additional data" for some Distribution lists Exchange Server Administration 7
J Outlook 2010 - Public Folders difficult to access after adding multiple additional mailboxes into th Using Outlook 4
R Can not open additional mailbox Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1