Account Settings URL in Outlook 2010 - File - Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slammers25

Where does Outlook 2010 get the owa url in File - Info - Account Settings? Its incorrect but I don't know where in Exchange 2010 to fix that url.

thanks,

Stephen

L

Leif Pedersen [MVP]

Hi,

Autodiscover is a good place to look - from Outlook you can test the automatic account setup and it should tell you the settings it receives from the Exchange server.

Leif

S

slammers25

Found it...

In the ECP it's under Server Configuration - Client Access - then click on your server(s) and then click on the Outlook Web App tab. Open the owa (Default Web Site) and you can change the URL in there.

In our case we had an Internal URL which was correct and an External URL which was not. I guess Outlook 2010 defaults with grabbing the External URL first even if your computer is sitting inside the network.

I removed the external url all together since we don't have one and then Outlook grabbed the Internal url which was fine.

thanks,

Stephen

B

Brian Day MCITP

I removed the external url all together since we don't have one and then Outlook grabbed the Internal url which was fine.

The Internal URL should be the FQDN of the CAS server, it isn't a URL used by users. InternalURL is the URL a CAS server uses if it has to do a CAS-to-CAS proxy across two different AD sites. ExternalURL is the value a user uses to access OWA regardless of where they are.

Scroll down to the Proxying and Redirection in Outlook Web App section in this article and look for where InternalURL is.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310763.aspx#proxyoverview

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Migrating Profile/Account Settings To New PC for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
M Change default "automatically test account settings when Next is clicked" Using Outlook 1
B Email address not showing up in account settings Using Outlook 3
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
D Cannot open Outlook 2011 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
D Transferring Outlook email account settings between computers? Using Outlook 3
E how to restrict user to change pop account settings Using Outlook 1
H Use group policy to block access to modify account settings outlook/exchange 2010. Using Outlook 1
H How to export and import account settings? Using Outlook 7
C Outlook 2010 forgets password in Account settings Using Outlook 1
B Save account and personal settings, and blocked and safe senders for transfer to a new computer or after reinstall Using Outlook 1
S transfer email account settings from Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 5
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
Z Account setup on Android Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
H Custom Signature Not Displayed When Account Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
N Copies of emails from rules have wrong from: account Using Outlook 0
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
A Replies being sent from wrong account Using Outlook 8
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
W Sending To Wrong Account Using Outlook 15
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
CWM030 MSN Account.. Oh boy what have I done? Using Outlook 1
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4