Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saamee

I have 4 seperate Exchange 2010 CAS server installed in same SITE, how do i load balance the autodiscover url among the fours CAS servers?

S

Sam Booka

I have no idea..

Do you have a CAS array and some form of load balancing set up?

That is how we do it (using NLB which is apparently not encouraged anymore)

B

Brian Day MCITP

CAS Arrays do not need to be configured to load balance AutoD, OWA, EAS, OLA. CAS Arrays are only used for MAPI connectivity.

For Autodiscover you would configure a load balancer across your CAS servers (which is not the same as a CAS Array), and then using Set-ClientAccessServer you set the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri values to the load balanced FQDN.

Set-ClientAccessServer sets the SCP value.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125157.aspx

Set-ClientAccessServer <servername> -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided &ldquo;AS IS&rdquo; with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 2
S Hub/CAS Load balance later on? Exchange Server Administration 6
J VB6 Add-in fails to load in Outlook 16 - message useless Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Always Load an Outlook Addin New Slipstick.com Articles 1
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J BCM 2013 in Outlook 2013 will not load BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
H Macro to load an Outlook Template Using Outlook 2
M Load a template when you reply Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Folders Slow to Load Using Outlook 2
P MS Outlook 2007 sends email OK. Receives junk mail in junk folder OK. Does not not load received ma Using Outlook 1
J Exchange 2010 SP1 fails at Mailbox Error Unable to load exrpc32.dll Exchange Server Administration 4
D Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load Using Outlook 2
D Exchange 2010 Load Generator Error Exchange Server Administration 0
R Outlook takes 3 minutes to load. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook will not load new email. Using Outlook 8
K I loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook will not load. I still have Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
M Load pictures__ Using Outlook 1
L trying to load my archived emails into new outlook on new harddrive. error message says I do not have permission Using Outlook 2
W unable to load free personal data Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 addin does not load in other machines Using Outlook 1
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
B Need to load my contacts list and information from my office outlook - older version to my home outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook can't load mail folders Using Outlook 6
G email graphics load slowly while downloading emails in Outlook Using Outlook 1
R New mail will not load Using Outlook 1
S What to Use Instead a Hardware-based Load Balancer for an Exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 21
B OUTLOOK my send/recieve is trying to load over 1000 emails Y Using Outlook 1
R The Module DLL P:\exchange\bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load the data is error. OWA, EMC and Powershel Exchange Server Administration 7
S Outlook wont load - looking for microsoft exchange Using Outlook 1
S CAS Load Balancing with Cisco IOS SLB - anyone done it? Exchange Server Administration 2
S Hub/CAS dual role - load balancing query Exchange Server Administration 3
S CAS Load Balancing ?? Exchange Server Administration 5
E Exchange 2007 multi-site cluster and load balancing Exchange Server Administration 2
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
B CAS Array with Hardware Load Balancers Exchange Server Administration 6
A Not able to load an add-in for outlook 2007 developed in VSTO 2005 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N MAPI was unable to load the information service MSNCON.dll Using Outlook 5
S COM Addin Failed to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2007 Add-in strange load behavior Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
R Load Balancing MAPI ports Exchange Server Administration 18
G "Cannot load GUI library into memory" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Why does BCM not always load when I restart Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S BCM does not load in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Can you load an OlkComboBox and show a previously selected value? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W My VSTO 3.0 Outlook addin doesn’t load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Exchange 2010 Hardware Load Balancing recommendations Exchange Server Administration 38
P What is it, and why won't it load? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
M VBA Form how to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4