Current configuration with the issue is Exchange 2010 SP1 on 2008 R2 domain, Outlook 2007 SP2 on XP Home Sp3, connectivity to corporate network via Cisco VPN.
When trying to add the users mailbox to a new or existing Outlook profile using the Mail configuration in Control Panel I get the dreaded errors that point to name resolution or RPC issues. However, if I create a new test profile and use my credentials, I can connect to my mailbox with no problems.
- User mailbox is operational and working on his primary laptop.
- DNS is resolving properly, User authentication is being accepted for the account when I "Check Name" but the error "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is Unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" is returned. DNS is also confirmed by the fact that I can connect my mailbox.
- I've tried using his UPN, Displayname, and Username. No difference
- His account is not hidden in the Address List.
- Time on server and Client is less than 15 seconds removed, so this isn't a krb issue. (Again, confirmed because I can connect my profile)
The only thing different between his account and mine is group membership. I am an Exchange/domain admin.