Microsoft Exchange is unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smbell

I have recently installed Office 2010 Professional Plus and am trying for the first time to use Outlook. When I first opened it, the application asked me to set up an account, but when I entered the exchange server address and account name I get the message "The connection to MIcrosoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." However, the computer is online and working fine when I use an internet browser. I have run a diagnostic on the connection and it says everything is working as it should. I have tried unistalling the whole suite and installing it again, but it made no difference. I have gone into the control panel and deleted the original profile and tried to set up my mail account preferences there through the mail set-up in the control panel, but I get the same message. When it asks me to confirm the user name for the account and tells me it cant connect to the server, I tried clicking cancel and what I get is a message that says "can not open your default e-mail folders" and specifies an address, but when I tried to locate that address on the C drive, I could not find the AppData folder it refers to.

What am I doing wrong?

M

ManU PhiliP [MVP]

Hi,

Type; outlook.exe /safe in Run menu and try it

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
D when trying to get into outlook error message reads connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
J 'Connection to Microsoft Exchange is Unavailable' for new mail account. Only for one account on PC. Using Outlook 1
B The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complet Using Outlook 6
S The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 2
L 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' Using Outlook 8
D The dreaded: 'the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable' outlook 2007 exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Commodore Microsoft Exchange Add-in Using Outlook 2
J Microsoft Exchange Emails - Shared Accounts Exchange Server Administration 3
TotallyConfused Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating Exchange Server Administration 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
J archiving deleted e-mails on Microsoft Exchange Exchange Server Administration 7
A "Microsoft Exchange Add-In" (UmOutlookAddin.dll) + Outlook Security Form ... Using Outlook 4
J Error: 0X8004010F - Microsoft Exchange offline address book Exchange Server Administration 9
J I use Windows XP with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I cannot get int the Microsoft Exchange server. Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 "cannot open your default email folders.microsoft exchange is not available" on XP is n Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Exchange offline address book Using Outlook 5
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
D Microsoft Exchange shared contacts not showing up in outlook users with permissions Exchange Server Administration 8
T Setting up Outlook to existing Microsoft Exchange account on new pc with new Windows 7 and new Offic Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Microsoft exchange server to pop account type switch? Using Outlook 2
S Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when Using Outlook 2
F Install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on Exchange 2 Exchange Server Administration 7
S Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Not Receiving External Emails For New Users Created Exchange Server Administration 2
D Sync OAB and Task 'Microsoft Exchange' Fails Error 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object canno Exchange Server Administration 2
T The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service on server localhost can't be contacted via Exchange Server Administration 2
D Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could Exchange Server Administration 3
K Using Microsoft Exchange with Office 2007 conflicts with Office 2010 Home & Student Edition Using Outlook 4
C Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Exchange Server Administration 4
M outlook and comcast business email microsoft exchange server Using Outlook 1
P Does Microsoft Exchange Server EWS support WS-Security standard Exchange Server Administration 3
A Client cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange but POP3 is ok Exchange Server Administration 9
C Microsoft Exchange Replication Service VSS Writer Exchange Server Administration 2
T Problems WinRM on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 - Showing errors then success messages intermittent Exchange Server Administration 4
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
S How to get more detail on "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Mime.Encoders.ByteEncoderException" Using Outlook 3
V Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved On Microsoft Exchange Server____ Using Outlook 1
F Must connect o Microsoft Exchange before you can use your offline folder file (Error msg) Using Outlook 4
V Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved On Microsoft Exchange Server__ Using Outlook 7
M Unable to start the Microsoft Exchange Speech Engine Service Exchange Server Administration 2
J Can I use just my Hotmail account with Outlook 2007? "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavai Using Outlook 2
Y Unable to open your default email folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Using Outlook 1
J "Clip" icon appear in Microsoft Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2007 OWA Message, but no attachment inside Using Outlook 4
A Failed at Microsoft Exchange On-Premises Exchange Server Administration 3
R Microsoft.Exchange.Net.ExSmtpClient.TlsApiFailureException: A TLS API failure occurred. Error = 0x80 Exchange Server Administration 1
A POP3 Service problem in Exchange 2010 (microsoft.exchange.pop3.exe crashes) Exchange Server Administration 7
C connection to microsoft exchange has been restored Exchange Server Administration 3
I Microsoft Exchange message restriction issue Exchange Server Administration 7
N Connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible Using Outlook 15