online archive missing Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Krisna Ismayanto

Hi guys,

I've enable Archiving in some of my users, there's this weird condition :

user A can access Online Archive via OWA and Outlook. user B cannot access Online Archiving via Outlook (folder is missing) but can access via OWA, then I create test user (User C) profile at PC user B, it also cannot see the Online Archive folder. But I can see it at PC user A.

both of them use the same version of Outlook 2010 : 14.0.4760.1000 (32bit), what could probably wrong ? :'(

User B use another version of Ms.Office, Ms.Project 2007 , is it an issue? Cause user A have Visio 2003 there's is no issue.

K

Krisna Ismayanto

I don't get it, my user using Outlook 2010 with the same version, but 1 user can and the other user cannot.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Are you using the correct version of Outlook referenced in the link I posted?

K

Krisna Ismayanto

Are you using the correct version of Outlook referenced in the link I posted? Yes of course.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Are you using the correct version of Outlook referenced in the link I posted? Yes of course.
Well, its hard to tell. According to your original post:

" User B use another version of Ms.Office"

If they can see it from User A's PC and not User B's and its a different version of Office, then someone isnt using the correct version of Office 2010 to allow access to the online archive.

E

Evan Liu

Hi Krisna,

Any updates on this issue? From your description, it may be caused by using wrong version of Office on user B. Please follow the links which given by Nagaraj to check the Office version of user B, and use the right version of Office to have a try.

Here is a similar post for you, hope it helps:

Exchange 2010 Mail Archive Missing in Outlook 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/thread/03a41733-1254-4bae-99bc-881fdff9bdba

If the problem persists, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help.

Thanks,

Evan

K

Krisna Ismayanto

Hi Krisna,

Any updates on this issue? From your description, it may cause by using wrong version of Office on user B. Please follow the links which given by Nagaraj to check the office version of user B, and use the right version of office to have a try.

Here is a similar post for you, hope it helps:

Exchange 2010 Mail Archive Missing in Outlook 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/thread/03a41733-1254-4bae-99bc-881fdff9bdba

If the problem persists, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help.

Thanks,

Evan
Yesterday User B change the same product key as User A, but still no luck. I'll check again the log and give another update asap.

E

Evan Liu

Hi Krisna,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan

K

Krisna Ismayanto

Hi Krisna,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan

Hi Evan,

User B still having the problem, the log got no issue, anybody can help ?

E

Evan Liu

Hi Krisna,

Does this issue persists after you do follow this link (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983473 )?

If you did not follow this link to change the product key, please follow this link to have a try.

If you have followed this link, please reinstall the Microsoft Office on User B to have a try.(Make sure you install the right version)

Also as this is a Outlook problem, you may get better response from this forum:

Outlook IT Pro Discussions

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Thanks,

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Chancing / remove “ something ” in the subject, online archive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive New Slipstick.com Articles 0
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive Using Outlook 6
P Exchange 2010 - Outlook 2010 : Search in Online Archive not working Exchange Server Administration 3
J Online Archive / Auto Archive functionality Exchange Server Administration 3
C Online Archive Support MS Office 2010 Professional Using Outlook 2
F Oulook 2010 (on exchange 2010): "Cannot open this item" after search in online archive on indexed ma Using Outlook 2
V Permissions to Online Archive Exchange Server Administration 1
B Retention policy for online archive itself. Exchange Server Administration 1
J Easy archiving certain message in online archive? Outlook 2010 and exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 5
K Cannot see online archive with Outlook 2007 / Office 2007 SBE Exchange Server Administration 8
C Online Archive Mailbox Using Outlook 2
K Online archive feature un-available when client's upgrade to 2010 pro? Exchange Server Administration 3
P Exchange 2010 Online Archive Exchange Server Administration 3
L Cannot see online archive with Outlook 2010 RTM Exchange Server Administration 9
T take online survey Outlook Wishlist 0
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
J VBA to switch Outlook online/offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
Fozzie Bear Office 365 Home Premium with Exchange Online email accounts Using Outlook 3
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
T Online Training for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
L Online 3rd party backup of Office 365 cloud New Slipstick.com Articles 5
oliv- "Online mode with Exchange server" vs "online" Exchange Server Administration 2
R Creating a Room Mailbox with Exchange Online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Linked (online) signature images Using Outlook 5
T Consollidating all calendars to Outlook online, even from POP3 email invitations. Using Outlook 2
Thomas Young Using On-Premises Exchange with Exchange Online Protection Exchange Server Administration 2
V Installing Apps from MS Online Store Using Outlook 5
J 2010 duplicate mailboxes, exchange online vs app data folder. Using Outlook 2
M There was a problem importing your contacts. (Online with Hotmail) Using Outlook 1
I Lync2010 - Outlook 2010 - Plan online meeting Using Outlook 2
K Exchange 2007 user can't receive mails without going offline and then online again Using Outlook 8
P i am currently working offline and need to get back online Using Outlook 1
P i am currently working offline and need to get back online Using Outlook 1
K Viewing email online help please Using Outlook 1
A The cluster network name is not online Exchange 2010 sp1 DAG Exchange Server Administration 8
J Having problems subscribing to my Outlook calendar online Using Outlook 3
F Adding an additional mailbox so it comes up in online mode Using Outlook 2
M My Outlook stopped receiving emails but they still send (and my hotmail is working online fine).__ Using Outlook 1
A Switching from Offline to Online in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P MS Office 2010 my preferences is set on OFFLINE at the moment, how do I change it back to ONLINE Using Outlook 2
B purchased 2010 office and downloaded on a new netbook last night. trying to set up email on exchange server and get not online not connected. is there Using Outlook 1
D 'microsoft office not online' Using Outlook 2
M Cluster IP failed and Cluster Network Name is not online Exchange Server Administration 17
A Syncing Outlook 2007 calendars - online to offline Using Outlook 1
S Restoring "Work online" to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2