Second Mailbox, Mails stuck in Outbox Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ND82

Hi!

One of our customers has the problem that if he tries to send mails from an other mailbox, that SOME messages stay in the outbox and are not being sent. If you reopen the message and click the send button again, they are most of the time sent (sometimes you need two or three takes). It does not matter if we create a second mail account, or if we open the addition mailbox from the main account (through the advanced settings). They are working on terminal servers and do not use cached mode.

Has anyone a clue what I can try on this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

kr,

Andreas

K

Khoj Sahiwala

It may be the network issue, of RPC connection breaking down. Can you monitor it.

try running get-logonstatistics for this client.

N

ND82

here the result:

RunspaceId : 69b51e4d-8674-4905-a15b-6fd9897af1be
AdapterSpeed : 0
ClientIPAddress :
ClientMode : ExchangeServer
ClientName : XXX
ClientVersion : 3585.0.33023.0
CodePage : 1252
CurrentOpenAttachments : 0
CurrentOpenFolders : 5
CurrentOpenMessages : 0
FolderOperationCount : 0
FullMailboxDirectoryName : XXX
FullUserDirectoryName : XXX
HostAddress :
LastAccessTime : 17.11.2010 13:48:01
Latency : 0
LocaleID : 3079
LogonTime : 17.11.2010 13:45:33
MACAddress :
MessagingOperationCount : 0
OtherOperationCount : 0
ProgressOperationCount : 0
RPCCallsSucceeded : 0
StreamOperationCount : 0
TableOperationCount : 0
TotalOperationCount : 0
TransferOperationCount : 0
UserName : XXX
Windows2000Account : XXX
ApplicationId : Client=OWA
SessionId : 714de340
ServerName : XXX
DatabaseName : Mailbox Database 1
Identity : XXX
MapiIdentity : XXX
OriginatingServer : XXX
IsValid : True

Thx,

Andreas

K

Khoj Sahiwala

Which is the client ? ClientVersion : 3585.0.33023.0
all messaging operations are zero ...

Is it possible to compare with the working one.

Just making sure NO AV is scanning the stores , and No events in event viewer ( application log) what if you enable logging , there can be an event when it gets disconencted..

N

ND82

the client is outlook 2010. on the exchange there is forefront client security installed - but it should not scan the stores.

If I send mails per OWA, it works fine...

The mails seem to get transfered to the exchange server, because if I open the mailbox on an other machine, I can see the mails in the outbox too. So they seem to be stuck on the exchange, not the client.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi ND82.
I would confirm if the ForeFront client security configuration on the exchange server correctly configured again, especially the do not inculde the exchange related directory and folder, about how to confirg it, I would check the DOC of the software, in my opinion, mostly like the issue caused by this.
Then, I would check the queue viewer through the tool on the server, per your description, the email has been submited on the server.
I would also run the Exbpa to confirm weather there are some useful information.
Hope more information from you.
Regards!
Gavin

N

ND82

Hi Gavin!

Thx for your help! I have removed FCS, but it did not help. Also the BPA did not show any errors. The queue is empty. It seems as if the server does not pick up the message from the outbox.

kr,
Andreas

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi ND82,
How about recreate the profile for the special user; or make a test on other machine ; or create a new mailbox for the user account, and move the items into the new mailbox.
It sounds a odd issue, we could narrow the issue follow the tests, confirm the it's related with the exchange server or the special user mailbox, because it is just with special user.
I would check the outlook log, and the smtp log to confirm the issue.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Sendt elements on a second mailbox Exchange Server Administration 1
A Outlook downloading 1kb per second or less Using Outlook 0
lotsbg Loads of junk in second email needs fixing Using Outlook 1
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Custom form on one page to post contents on second page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Second and Third email fields? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S unable to send email from my second address (outlook 2007) Using Outlook 2
D Save sent email in second account not default account? Using Outlook 1
J Reminders dismissed on one computer re-appear on Outlook on second computer Using Outlook 1
E Second calendar Template/Form Invitation Using Outlook 9
S Copy Events to Second Calendar or Sync Only "Busy" Events Using Outlook 5
R Duplicating Category Colors For Second User Using Outlook 1
B Two server DAG setup, second server EMC not opening Exchange Server Administration 3
R Adding Second Business Contact Group BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P time delay between accessing Outlook file folders, up 20+ second delay Using Outlook 1
S 6 to 8 second delay in folders opening since installing a number of updates yesterday. Using Outlook 1
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
D Cannot add second pst under Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A how do I find my second Email account to to check my mail Using Outlook 1
O Second Request - Unwanted email still re-appears in my mail box Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2010- when I hover over a contact the right name appears for a second and then gets replaced Using Outlook 2
C BCM database second user BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Outlook-can I set up second email account using my BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Your mailbox has been temporarily moved ... Using Outlook 2
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A New email notification on shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Shared mailbox in cached mode Using Outlook 0
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
S Import contacts to a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Delete Emails from Senders in Shared Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
M Mailbox Size Outlook.com or Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
K Lost Rules. Assistant accesses my mailbox. Disappeared Using Outlook 0
S Recovering permanently deleted folder from shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Q VBA Script to move item in secondary mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Application_NewMailEx for shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Monitor secondary mailbox folder for new messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0