Exchange Server 2007 strips messages when clients select add item in a new Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hekillephippe

Exchange Server 2007 strips messages of their attachements, when clients selects " add item" in a new Message. Mail client is MS Office 2003 and 2007.

S

Sembee [MVP]

I doubt if it is Exchange doing that. I would suspect third party software AV either on the client or the server - most likely the client.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Hekillephippe,

Do you mean when you create a new mail in Outlook 2007, attach a file, thus the file will be listed in the " Attached:" , but if you click the " Attach Item" , the attachment will be deleted automatically?

Will all attachments be deleted no matter what message types?

If you open Outlook with " Work Offline" or disable network connection, the same issue?

Frank Wang

H

Hekillephippe

If i add users onto the exchange administrators group they can " attach item" when sending a message.

Can i send you a picture maybe i am not clear in my explanation.

Phillip

H

Hekillephippe

I will upload the picture just not sure which picture you need?

the one from a client or the receiving client?

Phillip

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Phillip,

Maybe I am clear about your question. Do you mean if user clicks " Attach Item" in a new message, but the attachment will be stripped in the receiving client?

But the member of " exchange administrators group" has no issue. Which " Exchange administrators group" ? " Exchange Recipient Administrator" ?

How about the user send a mail to himself?

Did you check the message in the Sender's " Sent Items" folder? The attchment is in the message?

You can also enable the Pipeline Tracing to check which agent hits the mails.

How to Enable Pipeline Tracing

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125018(EXCHG.80).aspx

Frank Wang

H

Hekillephippe

frank to answer your question.. Yes the client receving does not get the attachment. However the sent items shows it was attached from the sender...

Exchange Administrator has no problems. fortunately my users are not clued up with rights etc ....But for audit purposes i need to fix this.

I will try the pipeline tracing and check back in....

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
S Outlook 2007 Rules randomly stopping working (non-Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
M Outlook Anywhere not working for Exchange Server 2007 Using Outlook 7
M Outlook 2010-Sync with Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Connectivity with exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 1
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
M Is it possible to have a public calendar map on a exchange server 2007 and synchronize this map and the items with outlook 2011 for MAC public map bro Using Outlook 2
M I am running outlook 2007 on a hosted exchange server. When I try to send an email and click the To: box there are two contact options - how do I get Using Outlook 1
M How do I recover all items in a deleted Outlook 2007 calendar not using Exchange Server? Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2007 custom views do not show emails with Exchange 2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 2
F Outlook 2007 custom views do not show emails with Exchange 2010 Server Using Outlook 2
V Getting the list of users connected through IMAP from Exchange 2007 server Using Outlook 5
E Migrate exchange 2007 to a new server with exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
G Recovery of deleted Outlook 2007 files when not configured with Exchange server Using Outlook 1
A Exchange 2000 ---> Exchange 2007 (Client Access Server - Legacy Names) Exchange Server Administration 6
E Users get login prompt in Outlook 2007 when accessing Exchange Server 2007 Using Outlook 2
A SCOM 2007 R2 not able to see Exchange 2010 mailbox server Exchange Server Administration 4
J Outlook 2007 stopped receiving new email but still sends OK, Exchange server Using Outlook 3
Q Outlook 2010 In Disconnected State with Exchange 2007 Server Using Outlook 1
A Asking for password with Outlook 2007 after restarting Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 and OCS 2007 R2 Installation on the same server? Exchange Server Administration 3
R Exchange 2010 UM does not re-direct the call to Exchange 2007 UM server Exchange Server Administration 1
A how to configure windows 2003 built in mail server (POP Server) coexistence with exchange server 2007/2010 Exchange Server Administration 7
N MS outlook 2010 is keep on prompting user name and password from the EXCHANGE SERVER 2007 SP1 64 BIT Using Outlook 24
R Can I export/import emails from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2007 (not on an exchange server)? Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 Sent Items Synchronization with Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
J Calendar Reminders do not appear in Outlook 2007 on Exchange server 2003 Using Outlook 2
M Exchange 2010 AD schema prepare good enough for Exchange Server 2007 SP2 Exchange Server Administration 26
R OOF Not working Exchange 2007/Server 2008 Using Outlook 13
H Accidentally Deleted exchange server email account in Outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 12
R Moving from Exchange 2007 to 2010 on a new server, can we keep the same IP? Exchange Server Administration 9
J Entourage not working with Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 Using Outlook 37
G Outlook 2007 on XPsp2 OEM unable to connect to Exchange Server 2003?? Using Outlook 36
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Archiving Tools for Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 4
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Updates March 2016 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
oliv- "Online mode with Exchange server" vs "online" Exchange Server Administration 2
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Save Sent Items in Shared Mailbox using an Exchange Server Cmdlet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
Ascar_CT Outlook.com transition to Exchange Server on the back-end Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Usage, Reporting, and Analysis Tools New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools New Slipstick.com Articles 0
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1