Exchange 2007 user can't receive mails without going offline and then online again

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kukstern

Hi

If I login to webmail I can see the mails, but the client do not receive the mails until I choose to go offline and the online again.

/K.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Try closing Outlook, deleting the .ost associated with the cache file and reopen Outlook to recreate the cache.

V

Vministrator

As Andy said do it and if not then try to use outlook in non-cached mode.

K

kukstern

Ok I'll try to delete the .ost file when the laptop is back in the company.

Anything to take care of before - backup etc?

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Nope. No need to backup the .ost. Its just the cache of the live mailbox.

K

kukstern

The laptop hasn't been in the house yet, but I'll post the answer as soon as possible.

K

kukstern

I have now renamed the ost-file. The original size was around 3 gb, but the new ost-file is only 1,4 gb, and all his mails in inbox is gone?!

I waited a couple of hours, but the new ost-file didn't increase at all.

So I took the first ost-file again, and suddenly it received the mails, but I'm still not sure its working every time.

/K.

V

Vministrator

Well emails can never be gone or deleted if they were configure as a Exchange Account (not a pop3). You can varify it by logging into the OWA.

And also configure this user's profile on a different computer and you should be able to see all this email in Outlook. It should work.
You can also goto the control panle, delete all the existing profile and create a new mail profile. That works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
J Receive mail successfully but failed to deliver into user mailbox - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 6
Z Exchange 2007 Transitioning to Exchange 2010 SP 1, and OWA User Redirect or Proxying Exchange Server Administration 1
N MS outlook 2010 is keep on prompting user name and password from the EXCHANGE SERVER 2007 SP1 64 BIT Using Outlook 24
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
norbertlars Exchange 2007 - quota not shown in clients Exchange Server Administration 2
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016 & Exchange 2007: Not supported New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Multiple Exchange Accounts in 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Old attachments do not open after Exchange 2007 edb recovery. Exchange Server Administration 3
TotallyConfused Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating Exchange Server Administration 1
W Sync categories between Exchange and 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
J IPAD Outlook OWA App - Help using Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
Jon Bakrley Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2007, Out of the office error message Using Outlook 8
W Moving Exchange 2007 to a different drive/partition? Exchange Server Administration 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
R Ingest contact PST from exchange 2007 thru client's Outlook via PRF Exchange Server Administration 2
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
S Installing Exchange 2007 on Outlook 2007 with a previous POP3 account Using Outlook 1
B Promoting and demoting dns w/ exchange 2007 sp2 environment Exchange Server Administration 1
S Outllook 2007 stops connecting with Exchange after latest MS Updates Using Outlook 2
D Removing multiple Exchange 2007 servers on the same Domain and site Exchange Server Administration 1
A Identifiying who changed or updated an appointment in Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 7
S Outlook 2007 Rules randomly stopping working (non-Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
T Multiple Mailboxes not Synchronizing with Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
M Outlook 2007 "cannot open your default email folders.microsoft exchange is not available" on XP is n Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Anywhere not working for Exchange Server 2007 Using Outlook 7
X Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere Clients unable to retrieve GAL Using Outlook 9
B Outlook 2007 New email notification works intermittently after adding Exchange 2010 Servers Exchange Server Administration 1
C Exchange 2007 Shell command to find users who are members of Recipient Administrator Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outlook 2010-Sync with Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
J outlook 2011 for mac not connecting to exchange 2007, previous entourage does & i can ping the serve Using Outlook 1
J Suggested times does not work with Outlook 2010 in combination with Exchange 2007 SP2? Using Outlook 2
N Exchange 2007 SP1 + Outlook 2007/2010 - Autodiscover for Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office not working Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Connectivity with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 5
M Fundamental CAS question for Exchange 2010 and 2007 Co-existence... Exchange Server Administration 7
M Outlook 2010 Connectivity with exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Exchange ActiveSync HTTP 500 Exchange CAS/HUB 2007 and Exchange 2003 BE & MBX CCR 2007 Using Outlook 1
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
V Daylight savings times X Exchange 2007 pop3 Using Outlook 2
M Appointments with more than one day are not shown correctly at iPhone after Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
S Can not find a mailbox - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook Mail Format Options - Grayed out 2003 office/outlook in exchange 2007 mail organisation. Using Outlook 3
R Unable to use Public Folders on Exchange 2007 via OLK2007 Using Outlook 2
P Problems with shared Calendars in an Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 environment Using Outlook 1
M Is it possible to have a public calendar map on a exchange server 2007 and synchronize this map and the items with outlook 2011 for MAC public map bro Using Outlook 2
J Oulook 2007 Vs. Exchange 2010...always asked about login validation... Exchange Server Administration 9