Can't see new email in inbox until view is changed or another folder is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris H Jones

Occasionally when new email comes in Outlook will not display the message in the main list pane. The navigation pane does indicate there is a new unread message in the inbox however you can't see the message in the main email pane. The only way to see the message is to either click on another folder then click back to the inbox or to change the current view from messages to something else then back to messages. Both work-arounds seem to force the list pane to refresh and show the new messages. No filters are applied to the mailboxes either.

This issue is happening to 2 users in my organization and this seemed to start when I migrated their email from our Exchange 2003 server to our Exchange 2010 server. I have tried deleting their Outlook profile and recreating it but the issue remains. Any suggestions on what to try next?

B

Brian Tillman

This is usually caused by the blockage of UDP packets on the network. Exchange uses UDP to tell Outlook about mailbox updates. If the packets are blocked, Outlook doesn't find out until the folder is refreshed by changing folders. Check the firewall settings.

C

Chris H Jones

There is no firewall between the Outlook clients and the Exchange server and the Windows Firewall has been disabled on both client and server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
Hudas VBA find and open an email without looping thru each email in the inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
D How to forward each email x minutes after it arrives in inbox and hasn't been moved or deleted? Using Outlook 1
tswatek Inbox problems after adding MS Exchange email Using Outlook 2
judy1117 Defaul open to newest email in inbox Using Outlook 1
R Notification/alert when an email has been sat in inbox for a set period of time Using Outlook 1
S email inbox highlighting Using Outlook 1
J Search shows an email is in my Inbox but I can't see it there. Using Outlook 0
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
anoble1 Can you create a rule once an email moves to the Vault Inbox to another place? Using Outlook 0
O Inbox Search Results won't update when deleting or moving an email Using Outlook 12
D Lost email messages from inbox Using Outlook 0
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
S inbox email is deleted Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2003 Inbox Unread Email Displayed Fonts Using Outlook 2
T Cannot delete single email in INBOX, delete grayed out Using Outlook 7
K Windows Installer runs when moving email from Inbox to Personal Folder Using Outlook 1
C Having problems with taking items out of one folder and sending them into inbox or sending items back to my e-mail address of Email removed for privac Using Outlook 2
G Multiple email addresses (Outlook 2002). All emails (both addresses) go into the one inbox. How do i Using Outlook 3
M Tables lost in Sent Email and Can't see Table in Viewed Inbox email. Using Outlook 2
B Email disappearing from my Inbox Using Outlook 3
B no internal email show in inbox Exchange Server Administration 4
E Sent email appear in Inbox Using Outlook 2
E Inbox doesn't display resident email downloaded from ISP Using Outlook 1
P Outlook deletes email after 7 days from inbox only Using Outlook 6
O OUTLOOK 2007: How do I keep email messages I am opening from jumping to the top of my inbox? Using Outlook 2
R email messages disappearing from my Inbox Using Outlook 1
R Re: email messages disappearing from my Inbox Using Outlook 1
C Emails disappearing!! I dont see my email in Inbox Using Outlook 2
H Set up a new email account, Inbox not receiving emails, Send/Receive is in order Using Outlook 3
D I would like to be able to Forward a Template to a specified email address on receiving an email in the Inbox. Using Outlook 1
B Email not in inbox Using Outlook 5
S How to set a folder in inbox to receive email from specific account?__For example Inbox-Shanthu(subfolder) has to receive email from Email removed for Using Outlook 2
R Folders disappear when I drag an email from the Inbox to them Using Outlook 1
D Receiving old deleted email in inbox Using Outlook 2
D Outlook categories used for inbox msgl reset each time I login to my email account. Using Outlook 1
N Combining Email Accounts into One Inbox Using Outlook 3
Z How to merge 2 imap email accounts to get all emails in 1 inbox? Using Outlook 1
D Changed email account in Outlook 2010, but Inbox still reflects old email address and messages Using Outlook 5
D Display Alert when I receive email to an email account other than default inbox Using Outlook 1
T hijacked email/inbox Using Outlook 7
G Received an email from Bryan Jeff and now my Inbox is named Bryan Jeff...how do I get it back to be named 'Inbox'. Using Outlook 1
S Email disappears from Inbox Using Outlook 4
C Disappearing email in Inbox of Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3