OL/EXCH 2003 Meeting Request Schedule not show in calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

I'm using outlook SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP2

User reports that schedule of meeting request cannot update or waiting for a long time (several hours) to calendar before read or accept.

Any hints to speed up the update of calendar and free/busy info for without action on meeting requests?

snake

Outlook 2003 not cache mode.

Sometime, the schedule can update to calendar in short time.

But sometime it takes several hours to update schedule of meeting request to calendar

Forum Admin

Wow. If its in classic mode, it should be faster to update. Sounds like a network or server issue. Are you the admin? Do the server events show any exchange errors? Are all users affected or just one?

snake

Yes. I'm the admin. Event view doesn't had special logs about that. Do I need to turn on diagnosis events?

i don't know the exactly, because just one pair of boss and sec alway report those problem.

I think network is in good condition, all the connections are 100 or 1000. And low utilization on network ports.

In some forum, I see an outlook sniffer internal task to handle the issue and it move schedule of "unread" meeting request to calendar, is it truth?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, you need to enable logging to record the events. Outlook's sniffer handles it - you can try restarting outlook with /sniff and /cleansniff switches. This cleans and resets the sniffer.

Do the affected users have the same addins installed? Like something that keeps outlook busy? If outlook is not 'idle', the sniffer may not run. You can change the idle settings (create the key i it does not exist) - default (no key) is 30 seconds and 600 seconds respectively. Lower values for both cause the Sniffer to run more frequently, possibly causing a performance hit on the rest of Outlook, so you dont want it too low.

HKEY_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/Office/xx.0/Outlook/Options/General key

AutoProcessIdleTime - controls is how much idle time is required before the Sniffer will act

AutoProcessIdleTimeMax - controls how long the Sniffer waits before trying again if MAPI was not idle on the previous try

The number is in milliseconds (1000 = 1 second)

Using rules to move meeting requests? That can also cause problems.

snake

Thank you.

Yes. Both users install the same plugin. I already reinstall outlook without the plugin for testing.

And I will try to update the registry keys later.

BTW, other than outlook sniffer, do you think any other possible cause?

snake

I had disabled the Addin and monitor it at this moment.

BTW, outlook sniffer will sync schedule from inbox to calendar, but how about the old meeting requests in inbox?

E.g. if a meeting request was received two weeks ago but keep unread. User open outlook today after a long vacation. Will outlook sniffer process the meeting request two week ago?

Any time limitation on outlook sniffer?

Forum Admin

Yes, sniffer will process the appointment and AFAIK, there is no time limit for sniffer. It works on appointments that are in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Exch 2007 / Outlook 2003 - Over message limit inconsistencies Using Outlook 1
J Added Exch 2010 to 2003 envir. Mail to ext contact get "Body type not supported by Remote Host" Exchange Server Administration 4
M not able to recieve Internal and external email on a 2010 mailbox... attempting exch 2003 transition Exchange Server Administration 2
D Cannot move mailboxes from Exch 2003 to Exch 2010 Exchange Server Administration 16
G set exch 2010 server as the default hub transport Exchange Server Administration 6
K OWA breaks after moving mailbox to exch 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
B Exch 2010 re-install fail Exchange Server Administration 2
S Help!Outlook , auto-configuration (creation exch. accounts) to exchange server??? Using Outlook 2
U How to customize exch 2010 smtp bounced msg like 5.7.1 or 5.7.11 Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exch 2010, Outlook 2010 or 2007 cannot retreive free/busy schedule Exchange Server Administration 2
S Creating New Exch DBs Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exch 2010 Need Special Mailbox Access Exchange Server Administration 3
G Can you add groups as members in a distribution group in exch 2010? Exchange Server Administration 8
A share one record for autodiscover between exch 2007 and exch 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
M Exch 2010 SP1 - How To Disable ActiveSync for All But Selected Users Exchange Server Administration 2
H Setting up an Edge Transport Server - Exch 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
R Exch 2010 SP1 .pst file import taking far too long ? Exchange Server Administration 70
R New mailbox users not showing up in GAL since transition from Exch 2007 to Exch 2010 Exchange Server Administration 25
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
P Import Categories from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2003 pictures - some visible, some not Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 pst file Using Outlook 5
O Memory Leak in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
B 2013 to 2003 Exchange Server Administration 0
W Changing looks of emails in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2003 can't send, but settings seem OK Using Outlook 1
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
C 2003 OL to OneDrive People Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2003 can't open contacts. Using Outlook 2
J Using 2003 .pst files w 2013 Using Outlook 1
O Promoting Outlook 2003 User Templates Using Outlook 1
M Can't open .pst file in Office 2003. Using Outlook 2
O W-a-a-y too many PSTs (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 0
B Exchange 2003 EDB corrupt Exchange Server Administration 6
C Can't open .pst file in Office 2003 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003-2010 PST Field Editor Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2003 - Do I need a new profile? Using Outlook 2
E Want to Import Outlook 2003 pst files to later version Using Outlook 6
A error message outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
B Seeking advice now Outlook 2003 is unsupported by Exchange Using Outlook 4
O Change Debit to Credit in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
J problems downloading POP3 emails to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2003 VBA Won't Run In Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Macros in Word 2003 - how to transfer to another Word 2003? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2003 - possible to recreate corrupt account? Using Outlook 3
Calvyn Outlook 2003 cannot import .vcs subject Using Outlook 1
T Query about one aspect of migrating .pst files from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5