Public Calendar Meeting Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Outlook 2010 on Exchange Server 2008rt for a small-business sized graduate school. I've created a public calendar in All Public Folders so that all administration and faculty can access it and create room and equipment reservations.

I've also created a number of resource mailboxes in Exchange so that teachers can reserve various rooms and equipment for meetings/seminars/etc.

The problem is this: when anyone tries to create a new meeting request on the public calendar I get the following error message: "This meeting is not in the Calendar folder for this account. Responses to this meeting will not be tallied."

For certain events I need the attendees to be tallied. Can anyone tell me why I can't tally responses?

Forum Admin

In order to tally responses, it needs to be on their calendar and they need to invite the resource calendar. The admin needs to mail-enables the calendar.

Thanks Slipstick.

The calendar is mail-enabled, so that's taken care of. But how does a user "invite" the resource calendar? I know that "copying" the calendar only makes a static copy and therefore does not update the live public calendar. I also know that "adding to favorites" makes a dynamic link to the calendar, but, that has the same problem as above, not tallying responses.

Is there a way to add a folder on the server for that calendar? Is that a route I should look into?

(I'm quite new with the more intricate details of outlook and exchange. Thanks for any and all help!)

Forum Admin

They invite the calendar the same way they invite others- by entering the email address in the invitation. :) It's best to click on the To button and enter it in the Resource field but if they don't, no big deal.

BTW, its usually better to use mailboxes as the resource, that way the resource autoaccepts or declines if there is a conflict.

Forum Admin

Oh, one more thing - while the meeting won't automatically tally the responses, the user should be able to go through the responses and mark them off on the tracking tab -the response field is editable. It's obviously more work, but the tracking will be on the meeting and the calendar won't be full of tentative appointments.

Is there a way to add a folder on the server for that calendar? Is that a route I should look into?
Not sure what you mean by this, unless its just trying to figure out how to tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Including a Public Calendar as a Meeting Recipient Using Outlook 3
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
N Public Folder Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
C Sync color categories on a Public Calendar across Office 365, PCs, Macs Using Outlook 1
C How do I share/post my calendar to public folders Exchange Server Administration 3
R Shared Public calendar folder changing appointments Using Outlook 1
A Major Server Crash - Now Public Calendar Categories Aren't Working! Using Outlook 1
B Linking from Excel to public outlook 2010 calendar. Using Outlook 0
T My Outlook 2007 - (Public folder-Calendar can't insert to My Favourite)but other calender can insert Using Outlook 1
M Is it possible to have a public calendar map on a exchange server 2007 and synchronize this map and the items with outlook 2011 for MAC public map bro Using Outlook 2
I Making public calendar default for generated events Using Outlook 1
Y public calendar using OWA on exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 7
S Exchange 2007 public folders issue (calendar items) Exchange Server Administration 2
T 'Other' calendar view not displaying public folder some times Using Outlook 1
N Shared Calendar in Public folder hangs when accessing from Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
S How can you automatically sync appointments from my personal calendar to a public calendar? Using Outlook 2
I Categories on Shared Public Calendar Using Outlook 5
A Can I change the link to a public published Outlook Calendar? Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007: Set Public Calendar as Default Calendar Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
S Public Folder Moderated Calendar not showing category colors. Using Outlook 2
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to copy an appointment from a public calendar to personal cale Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Created a personal group that now appears to be a public group Using Outlook 3
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
J Calling a Public sub-routine from the script editor via VB script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F How to assign a task to a public task folder? Using Outlook 1
D How to handle filing of emails from an Inbox Subfolder to a specific Public folder Using Outlook 1
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Public folders permissions Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Mail-enable Exchange Public Folders New Slipstick.com Articles 0
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Diane Poremsky How to Send Email When Traveling or Using Public Wi-Fi New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Empty an Office365 public folder containing 20.000 messages Using Outlook 2
D Priasoft Public Folder Syncro? Exchange Server Administration 0
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
T Create new item in public folder using VBscript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Public Folder email error, ndr returned. Exchange Server Administration 1
J Favorites in Public Folders issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Last Change attribute set after viewing a public folder contact Exchange Server Administration 0
L any ways to create shortcuts to a public mail folder Using Outlook 4
L Should public contacts folder appear in "People" nav pane? Using Outlook 1
V Macro to open Public Folders subfolder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Contacts disappear in public folder search Using Outlook 1