migrate outlook mail folders from user's old workstation to their new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am trying to retrieve 2 subfolders that are in user's clients mailbox folder in outlook. User recently moved from one computer to a newer one. Previous pc was a windows XP 32 bit using outlook 2007. Her new PC is a Windows 7/32-bit with Outlook 2010. When I last worked with her on this, I was able to retrieve all her clients inbox from the old computer to the new one. Everything went though except 2 folders named Exagen Diagnostics and Digital Vault. I looked over at her user rights on old computer and changed permissions to none just like the rest of the folders that she can see. I could still not migrate the 2 folders to her new outlook. her mailbox folder called clients is a share folders that other users can access in the network through their outlook. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Forum Admin

Are these folders in an outlook mailbox or are they in their own pst file?

What happens when you try to migrate the folders?

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
sorry the late update. There is no migration. the user is just trying to retrieve all of her mail data that can be seen from her old computer, but not all folders are seen when she logs in to her new computer. the client uses an exchange server. the two folders that she cannot seen in her inbox is shared by everyone else, which they can see. However when she goes and signs in to new computer, she cannot see these folders

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It sounds like the folders are in a different mailbox and it wasn't added to her profile. Can you access her old computer and check her old profile - see if she has a secondary mailbox in it.

You can try logging in to her mailbox using OWA - if you can't see the folders, they are not in her mailbox.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I don't go back to work until Monday after thanksgiving weekend. I will look into it on Monday. Thanks for your help guys and have a happy thanksgiving.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Ok, so I came in today and found that If I turn off Cache-mode on the new PC using outlook 2010, then refresh outlook, the 2 folders showed up on the new computer. Not sure why it didn't just show up with the rest of the shared folders, but this fix did the trick.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sometimes the ost / sync process gets stuck and it needs kick started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
T Migrate POP3 Folders and Emails to outlook.com via Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
T Items in MSN Hotmail inbox will not migrate to Outlook inbox Using Outlook 2
R Migrate Mac Outlook 2011 to PC outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Too many email folders on MSN issue. Migrate to Outlook? Using Outlook 3
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
P Migrate Office 365 mailbox to a different on-premises domain Using Outlook 1
T OL BCM 2007 - Possible to migrate SQL Server Express 2012 ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Migrate profile - cached mode setting Using Outlook 2
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 0
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 4
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 2
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 13
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0