Emails still going to Junk Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocmac

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am having a problem with some emails that are still being sorted to my junk mail folder even after adding to safe list and removing junk mail filters. Any thoughts?

ocmac

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
How many accounts are in your profile? In outlook 2010, each account has its own junk mail settings

Only have one email account. I have also checked to make sure there are not rules set.

Thank you for your help,

Forum Admin

open the message from the junk folder and look at the infobar - does it say what moved the message to the junk folder?

ocmac

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
open the message from the junk folder and look at the infobar - does it say what moved the message to the junk folder?

The infobar says:

"Links and other functionality have been disabled in this message. To restore functionality, move this message to the Inbox. This message was marked as spam using a junk filter other than Outlook Junk E-mail filter. Extra line breaks in teh message were removed. This message was converted to plain text."

I see the part about mark with other junk filter, but don't know what it could be.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It can be spam filtering on Exchange or antispam filter installed locally, such as with Norton 360 or AVG. Outlook doesn't know what put it there, only that it didn't do it.

Go to File, Options, Addins - any security software installed?

ocmac

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It can be spam filtering on Exchange or antispam filter installed locally, such as with Norton 360 or AVG. Outlook doesn't know what put it there, only that it didn't do it.

Go to File, Options, Addins - any security software installed?

we have:

Active:

Microsoft Exchange Add-in

Microsoft Outlook Social Connector

Microsoft Sharepoint Server Collegue Import Add-in

OneNote Notes about Outlook Items

Inactive:

Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in

Disable:

Enterprise Vault Add-in

Windows Search Email Indexer

Forum Admin

None of those are most likely the caus means its a server side filter. Check with your admin to see what is running on the server.

ocmac

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
None of those are most likely the caus means its a server side filter. Check with your admin to see what is running on the server.

Thank you very much for looking into this, I do appriecate all your help.

Just seems odd, many of us here get email from this person, but I am the only one that it goes into juck mail. Are server settings per person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H 2007 Outlook not sending emails still Using Outlook 1
D Do Outlook folders/emails still remain on the disk even if they've been deleted/sent to trash? Using Outlook 2
C Emails STILL disapearing in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
M My Outlook stopped receiving emails but they still send (and my hotmail is working online fine).__ Using Outlook 1
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 1
Phillip Bit.ly emails Using Outlook 1
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
G Alerting on missed emails in conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How can I delete all copies of a given companies logo graphic from all my emails at once? Using Outlook 3
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
G Parsing All Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Set Timer/Countdown on Emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Delete duplicate emails - subscription notifications Using Outlook 5
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
R Can not create folder to store specific emails in in Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
V Emails remain in Drafts folder even though they have been sent Using Outlook 4
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5