Isn't there an easy way to remove duplicate contacts in outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I tried to follow the instructions .... but with no excell or access experience I don't know the language and really could use basic .... for dummy's type help on this... thanks ... Doc

clark kent

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi friend,

You can remove the duplicate contacts which are presently on your contact list or folders through delete option of duplicate contacts. Follow these instructions:

1.) Contacts (select the folder) >> Current View (Navigation Pane) >> Phone lists >> View menu>> Current View >> Customize Current View >> Fields

2.) After clicking on “Fields”, select “Modified ” option from the present list and press on the “Add” button.

3.) It will switch to the “Modified” option from the left panel to the right panel and after that drag “Modified ” option at the top of right side panel.

4.) Click “OK” twice and from the list of contacts, select your all the duplicate contacts with the continues press of CTRL.

5.) After all the selection of duplicate contacts, press on “Delete” button.

This will help you to get rid out off from the issue of doublet contacts in your Outlook.

Thanks

Clark Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
B The Outlook 2016 Profile that isn't always there Using Outlook 2
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
J Linking Contacts to a Message Where the Contact isn't an Addressee Using Outlook 1
P Calendar is there...but it isn't.... Using Outlook 2
A Why isn't outlook working with the access data collection email form? Using Outlook 1
J Server error: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)' Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 Conversation View isn't grouping my conversation Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2010 isn't supported by ATT Using Outlook 3
X SCOM alert on Exchange 2010 - Alert: The database copy isn't replaying log files fast enough for the Exchange Server Administration 2
D Outlook 2010 - Mark Unread button isn't always in the correct state Using Outlook 4
A Second Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try ent Exchange Server Administration 3
R Outlook 2007 via Exchange 2007 and EHS filtering. Emails from external have paperclip indicating there is an attachment but it isn't there. In Outlook Using Outlook 1
B Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try entering i Exchange Server Administration 3
G New-MailboxImportRequest isn't finishing. Can't work out why. Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 26
D Signature setup doesn't work and file block settings isn't visible Using Outlook 1
J Why isn't my Out of Office rule working in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
T Auto-complete when creating an email isn't working correctly. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook isn't running, I can't get active sync to connect with my cell to transfer my information Using Outlook 2
J Sent Items Folder Isn't Showing the Most Recent Sent Items Using Outlook 7
R The format of the e-mail address isn't correct. A correct address looks like this: username@contoso. Using Outlook 3
E Outlook error 0x800CCC92 when password isn't saved in mail settings Using Outlook 1
M Outlook isn't syncing correctly with officelive Using Outlook 4
P Windows search isn't working for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
P Automatic provisioning isn't available for the 'TargetDatabase' mandatory parameter. Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 8
M Exchange 2010 Mailbox move error - Property Expression 'Jim Smith' Isn't vaild - FQE=A169C2C1 Exchange Server Administration 3
M Is there any easy way to quickly search for the name of a folder in Outlook's inbox folder structure Exchange Server Administration 1
B Easy to handle backup tool Using Outlook 1
J Easy way to re-import Gmail folders/labels into Outlook? Using Outlook 9
J I used a Belkin Easy Transfer kit to transfer files from an old XP based laptop to a new Windows 7 l Using Outlook 3
C Installing Outlook 2003 on a new Windows 7 Desktop and transferring data via Easy Transfer Using Outlook 3
U 2 easy questions, Outlook 10 and an AOL IMAP type account Using Outlook 4
D 3 Easy Questions for Gurus on Word 2007 and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
U 3 easy questions, Outlook 10, mail and contacts Using Outlook 6
A how to transfer outlook 2010 files from 64-bit to 32-bit - easy transfer doesn't work Using Outlook 1
J Easy archiving certain message in online archive? Outlook 2010 and exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 5
C Should be easy: Outlook 2007, can the order of accounts listed under 'All Mail Items' be changed, and if so, how to do it? Using Outlook 2
H Is there an easy way to set the date range when printing a calendar? Using Outlook 1
H Used Easy Transfer to copy from old computer and now I can't send and receive Using Outlook 2
B No address book after transferring to Office Outlook 2007 w/Win7 using Easy Transfer from 2003__ Using Outlook 2
M After EASY TRANSFER - Outlook 2007 PST Files not available?__ Using Outlook 4
L Easy way to search whole PST? Using Outlook 2
P Making Group Schedules easy enough to use Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 10 Windows 7, yes I used Windows Easy Transfer to move my data and now I cannot click the Outlook address book tab selection Show this folder Using Outlook 1
D windows Easy transfere won't transfer outlook 2010 email account settings and email to a new compute Using Outlook 2
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Outlook 2016 remove envelope icon for certain folders Using Outlook 6
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 6