Constant Username Password Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Outlook keeps asking for username and password to email server, I have to click ok three times in a row for it to go away for about 5min. I still send and receive mail the credentials are correct, I am using imap AOL mail servers.

No luck searching the forum any idea?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using any other computers or smart phones to check for AOL email? That dialog will come up if another computer is using POP3 to check for mail. It puts a lock on the mailbox and outlook asks for the credentials until it can get in.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Yes I am using my iPhone to check the same AOl account but it is setup as IMAP.

Seems like either I only get my mail on my computer, my phone, or sometimes both.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Constant indexing/no search function Using Outlook 0
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
D Constant Dropbox Outlook Addin Authentication Prompts Using Outlook 5
D Constant reindexing Using Outlook 7
P Constant "Sync Issues"; Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
J constant Cannot Perform The Requested Operation error clicking Contacts at bottom of Contacts Using Outlook 4
P Constant Outlook Sync Issues After Migrating Mailbox 2003->2010 Using Outlook 18
P constant repeated prompts for network password?__ Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 is giving a constant "not responding" error message Using Outlook 1
4 Constant Restart Using Outlook 1
P OWA 2010 Constant Logout/Login Exchange Server Administration 4
D Outlook will not display images; causes the one of the two CPU cores to process at a constant 100% and usually freezes when the “message window” i Using Outlook 2
C near constant sync errors receiving using Outlook Connector Using Outlook 3
L RE: constant reminder which I cannot delete Using Outlook 2
Q Constant crashing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D Is it possible to find out if a MAPIFolder is in the olDefaultFolders constant list? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Rupert Dragwater Outlook began asking for username and password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Username Not Working in Scheduling Assistant (Cache Mode) Using Outlook 0
T Exchange setup not possible with outlook.de username Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
smokiibear windows security mail application not accepting username and password Using Outlook 0
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Calendar Printing Assistant 1
K Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft username and password for share calendar Using Outlook 0
S Script to parse email subject, get Username, look up in GAL and redirect email Exchange Server Administration 6
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
W To stop outlook 2010 to open my browser at file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Using Outlook 1
S Continuous password and username prompt in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
T Problem with owa after new user with same username Exchange Server Administration 2
S Log Into Outlook Without Domain\Username Using Outlook 9
K Invalid Username and Password in Facebook Social Network Setup Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2007 Will Not Remember Username Using Outlook 1
R windows 7 and outlook 2010 microsoft security username and password request Using Outlook 10
V Outlook 2003 prompts for username and password when network disconnects - Main issue is that the name of the server appears in the logon box rather th Using Outlook 1
M The outlook 2007 is suddenly gets lock or prompted username and password while sending emails. Using Outlook 2
Y getting error "ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT WAS DENIED. VERIFY THAT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT Using Outlook 3
A Second Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try ent Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlook 2010 prompting for username and password Exchange Server Administration 6
W Outlook 2010 continually prompting username and password. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook informs me that my Facebook username or password is incorrect. Using Outlook 2
B Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA login fail "The username or password you entered isn't correct. Try entering i Exchange Server Administration 3
S Outlook 2007 asking for a Username and Password after losing VPN connectivity Using Outlook 2
S Calendar in Mailbox "Username" Using Outlook 2
S Web Mail --- Domain\username Exchange Server Administration 3
R The format of the e-mail address isn't correct. A correct address looks like this: username@contoso. Using Outlook 3
L Username and password for published calendar Using Outlook 5
B How to Get Username from Global Address Book Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Exchange Management Console - Initializtion failed on Logon Failure: unknown username or bad passwor Exchange Server Administration 4
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
M Repeated password prompts Using Outlook 1