Outlook version of Excel command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Demento

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Is there a Outlook version of Excel's Application.DisplayAlerts = False? I'm repeatedly overwriting an excel file from Outlook and don't want to deal with the "Are You Really Sure You Want To Do This?" dialog box

Dr. Demento

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Michael,

I appreciate the response.

I'm getting conflicting messages. My first thought is that the dialog is from Outlook because Outlook VBA is writing to a closed Excel workbook and the Excel application has yet to be launched. However, the dialog box title is "Microsoft Excel" (see attached).
Excel Dialog.JPG
Since the VBA is operating exclusively from Outlook (source code - altered to write to a set filename with current date, where strFil InputBox is replaced with strFile = "H:\Documents\_Shortcuts\Outlook Item List_" & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx"),
I'm confused as to how 1) the dialog is coming from Excel if Excel isn't even "running" and 2) how would I put code in Excel to alter the behavior that originates in Outlook.
[DOUBLEPOST=1444230435][/DOUBLEPOST]Diane,

I was hoping to be able to suppress the warning from Outlook using an analog of DisplayAlerts = False.

Michael Bauer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
It doesn't matter where the code is running. You most likely call Workbook.Save*, so you're calling a method of the Excel library.

Workbook.Application refers to the Excel application object, so it's pretty simple: Workbook.Application.DisplayAlerts=false

You just need to insert the variable name you use for Workbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Outlook for Mac Version Numbers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
E Want to Import Outlook 2003 pst files to later version Using Outlook 6
M file attachments is not shown in outlook version Using Outlook 2
G Address names auto complete not working - Outlook 2007 version Using Outlook 1
R is import and export engine available in outlook 2010 trial version? Using Outlook 2
R Continually Displays Msg: "Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook Version" Using Outlook 2
T Outlook version 12.0.6529.5000 freezes up while attempting to send/receive Using Outlook 1
G Import old pst file from Outlook 2007 into new version of Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
J Is it possible to convert a shared calender in Outlook to a ical version that can be subscribed to by confluence. Using Outlook 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 3
B Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email. Using Outlook 2
S Since outlook connector update unable to send mail Version 14.0.5117.5000 Errors: 4102& parsing MTOM Using Outlook 2
E After 2010 Office Beta expired, my 2007 Outlook version stopped working properly. Can not access correct profile and synchronization with Blackberry p Using Outlook 1
S I bought the office 2010 version without the outlook licens.__ Using Outlook 1
J outlook 2010 download erase the details from my beta version? Using Outlook 2
K Cant view folders set up on old version of outlook - and cant access mail sent to those folders . Using Outlook 1
O Inserting Picture into Email Signature on Outlook Version 9 Using Outlook 3
E My Microsoft Office 2010 Beta version has expired. How do I backup my Outlook contacts and email bef Using Outlook 1
K my trial version of outlook 2010 expired and im trying to get my email out of it without deleting th Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 version 14 downloads all messages from the server everytime you start the program Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 error MAPI32.dll is corrupt or wrong version Using Outlook 1
J outlook will not open, uploaded new 2010 to replace beta version and everything but outlook works. ____ Using Outlook 4
J Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. MAPI32.dll is currupt or the wrong version Using Outlook 4
B Need to load my contacts list and information from my office outlook - older version to my home outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F trial version of 2010 outlook Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Crashes consistently on second reply to an email ... (Release, and not Beta version) Using Outlook 1
B How to fix Error: Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version Using Outlook 4
S outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the personal folders information service Using Outlook 8
B Outlook Version Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Problem with the latest version of Outlook Connector Using Outlook 6
J "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook" and error code 0x8007000 Using Outlook 5
N How to know the version of outlook version Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 5
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14