Cannot Connect to BCM database

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrnikkon

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
We have been running BCM 2010 with outlook 2010 on a Windows 10 pc for months without problems . Database is located on a different PC. Until recently we cannto connect to the server database. tried everything,..

getting the following error message. :

"you attempt to connect to the remote computer (server) where the database is stored.

(user) has not been granted access to the remote computer (server).

the owner of the database you want to use has not granted access.

Mike005

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Same thing happened with us after an update about 2 weeks ago.

Mike005

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've tried everything. I've been using BCM since 2007 so I'm familiar with a variety of technical issues, but I'm really stuck now. I haven't been able to successfully share the database for 2 months now. I've even reinstalled windows 10 on all machines several times with no luck. Win 10 Pro, BCM and Outlook 2013.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
can you ping the other computer and connect to it in Explorer (type \\computer-name in the windows explorer address bar)
Is the bcm db on a computer someone is using for BCM or a server? if the db is not being used locally, verify sql services are running.

Best guess is the firewall on either or both is blocking SQL ports.

crazyboy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I'm having the same problem :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 02-10-17 at 03.16 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 02-10-17 at 03.16 AM.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 382

crazyboy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Although i coud not fix the issue, ended up reformatting the server to get BCM working, for those facing the same issue, uninstalling KB3213986 seems to fix the problem. I believe new security measures were implemented with the update which prevents from BCM users from authenticating with any other user account then local administrator.

misha

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
me to having the same problem and tried the above given solution but its not working if anyone have any other solution than this so please rply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J BCM 2007 Cannot Connect to Shared Database Using Outlook 1
C Cannot Connect to BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
H Outlook cannot connect with mail server. Using Outlook 1
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
J Cannot connect to IMAP server Using Outlook 1
L I get a send/receive error, cannot connect to the server. Using Outlook 2
O Multiple users cannot connect to the same mailbox in Outlook Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
A Client cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange but POP3 is ok Exchange Server Administration 9
A cannot access OWA or connect to exchange 2007 via outook. Using Outlook 5
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
J Cannot connect to Operations Manager Root Management Server Exchange Server Administration 1
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
N Cannot connect Outlook with my Surewest email Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 cannot connect to pop.gmail.com on port 995 Using Outlook 6
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M cannot connect with more then 5 current users to outlook anywhere exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3
B Cannot connect with Outlook 2003/Exchange user through Checkpoint SSL-VPN. Using Outlook 4
G Cannot open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM Using Outlook 12
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
E Cannot connect to database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 Cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTP Using Outlook 139
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2