Default Send Account that Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_H

I have (3) Exchange accounts + an Outlook.com account set up in Outlook 2016. I have the main account (File > Account Settings) set as the default send account, but it appears to be a worthless setting that only works if I've launched Outlook and created a new message. Otherwise the send to just defaults to whatever folders I happen to be in at the time I click "new email".

Are there any registry hacks to get "new email" to always default to one account? I only want it changing to other accounts if I manually change it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Shared Mailboxes and the Default 'Send From' Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Send and Receive Button - only check default account? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Shared Mailboxes and the Default 'Send From' Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Z Always Send from Default Account, depend of receive account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R OL10 - Send To "Mail Recipient" doesn't go to default email account Using Outlook 23
T Message not arriving in default accounts Sent Items folder when using Send to Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 - How to set the "send from diff email" as default? Using Outlook 5
G Default Address Book and selection of address books to send email Using Outlook 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V VBA when replying + Default Account Using Outlook 2
P Outlook.com account overrules default account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
P Outlook 2016 Not Default Client Using Outlook 5
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N How to delete default folder "Contacts" (olFolderContacts) in a .pst file Using Outlook 8
T Changing default Mail Account in Outlook 2016 - POP3 Using Outlook 1
J Setting default address book Using Outlook 0
V importing appointments to non-default calendar? Using Outlook 1
H Change Default Email Account Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Change default colors for conditional formatting Using Outlook 2
S Default Font in body of Task Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Delete Subject-Add Organizer to all Reservations in Default Calendar. Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Outlook 2016: Can't delete default calendar but I don't use it Using Outlook 7
B Calendar shows too much info by default Using Outlook 0
M Default Calendar Using Outlook 0
L Change default from english to danish ...... Using Outlook 5