Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacho

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Dear Friends

I would like to know if there is any way to quickly move an email to the subfolder that contains the rest of the emails in the same conversation. Example: I have moved a conversation of 15 emails to the subfolder "Peter's trip". When I recived the 16 th email belonging to the same conversation I want to quickly move it (with buttom or shortcut) to Peter´s trip subfolder.

I have tried with the outlook option "Always move messages in the same conversation" but it is too slow if you have many folders

Thanks in advance

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Always move messages in this conversation is the way to go... if you recently moved the others, the folder will still be on the Move most recently used list, but you can't always count on it being there.

Try opening the folder where the moved messages are and use the always move command - the folder should be selected.

Nacho

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Thank you for your answer Diane. I have around 300 subfolders and I need a faster tool. Does anyone know de vba code to do this task?

Thanks in advance

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not sure there is a way to code it, you'd still need to pick a folder. If the folders are named for the email or display name, that would make it easier. I'm not sure the always move command is exposed in the object model, but you could select the message(s) and run the macro.
Macro to file Outlook email by sender's display name

FWIW, issues like this are why it's generally recommended to use just a few folders and search to find the messages.

Nacho

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Thank you Diane. Maybe the scheme of the code is the following:
  1. Get the identifier of the conversation
  2. Locate the folder of the first mail in the conversation
  3. Move the current mail to that folder
Any other idea?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think it would be slow, especially if you have many messages to search through….

Nacho

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Yes, I have around 1 Gb o messages, but I dont know other way to do this task. Does anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
B Macro to manually move selected emails to network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K VBA to move emails in folder to a windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Move red and unflagged emails to subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I vba scrip to move emails based on long keywords list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V move emails to windows folder and show sender details Using Outlook 7
G email returns after running macro to move emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How can I create a rule to move inbound emails from any of my contacts out of Inbox? Using Outlook 1
S Macro to print & move selected emails? Using Outlook 3
H Rule to move emails based on subject and content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Move outlook emails >90 days to shared drive (Desktop) Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O Script to move emails to a folder based on various possible keywords Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S how to keep "To" when move sent emails to other folder Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
R Move sent items emails to hard disk Using Outlook 10
B OUTLOOK 2013: How Do I Move Emails to Folders stored on my Hard Drive? Using Outlook 3
S Outlook macro to move replied / forwarded emails to a seperate folder Using Outlook 1
C Help with a Macro to move emails to a different PST data file Using Outlook 4
A rule to move emails to a folder then want to delete them from that folder 2010 Using Outlook 5
T After updating Exchange 2010 from RTM to SP1, OWA clients cannot move or delete emails Using Outlook 4
T unable to move or delete emails in IMAP folder Using Outlook 2
V Move old emails or emails with large attachments ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J move contents from hundreds of emails into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
M Move to Folder Using Outlook 1
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Ctrl+Tab sometimes will not move through text a word at a time Using Outlook 1
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
Nadine Rule to move attachments with specific name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
T Move calendar invites to new calendar Using Outlook 5
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4