Contact display as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
In the contact record we can put the email address in the email field and then right below it is the option of decide what we want to Display As when sending an email.
So I only have the person's name in the Display As field. I took out the corresponding email address.
When I click on Email to send a new one, from the contact record, the person's name AND email address is in the To: field.
However, if I click on the word To and go to the address book listing for this same person and add it to the To field via that route, it only puts in the person's name.
Is it possible to just have exactly what is in the Display As field appear in the To when initiating a new email from the Contact record?
I thought that was the whole person of the Display As field - letting us decide what should pop into the To field, regardless of what route we choose to initiate a new email.

I can't say for sure if this was working and stopped but I'm thinking that's the case since I would have noticed this before, but I'm not 100% sure..
Also, FYI - I tested this with contacts having more than one email and only one email and no difference in results.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When I click on Email to send a new one, from the contact record, the person's name AND email address is in the To: field.
How are you entering the address? If you use autocomplete, the entry was likely picked up from a previous message you replied to, where the entry would be 'display name (email address)' format.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Sorry I didn't see your response earlier. I apologize. How to I set up my settings here to be notified of responses to my posts?
That said, I am in the contact record and hitting email from the record to whom I want to email so it's not autocomplete if I understand you correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Display Sender As Contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Search for All Messages from Contact and Display in New Window New Slipstick.com Articles 0
F Outlook 2010 contact e-mail Display as: does not show contact name Using Outlook 2
R contact names does not display in compose emails using Outlook2013 Using Outlook 3
W OL2013 contact display name not showing Using Outlook 2
K Change default "Display As" for contact email addresses Using Outlook 1
E Getting all items in Outlook contact activities to display properly Using Outlook 2
T "Look up Outlook Contact" from a received email does not display all of the contact information Using Outlook 9
S Contact Photo does not display in email messages. Using Outlook 3
A Compare incoming FROM display name to contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Account view display narrowed, contact names hidden BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 1
witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Victor_50 Outlook 2013 Custom Contact Form starts with "E-mail 2" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
M Contact photos are distorted Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Contact Manager - A viable successor? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
N How to turn off autocorrect in contact notepads Using Outlook 2
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
P AGGGGHHHH!!!! - Address Books and Contact Subfolders Using Outlook 5
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Mass Updating Contact form used Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Rupert Dragwater How to import contact list Using Outlook 15
T One Contact list, two sections of company (none) Using Outlook 2
M regarding legacy contact cards Using Outlook 2
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
A remove or turn off outlook.com contact folder from outlook 2016 Using Outlook 4
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Customized Contact Form Losing UDFs. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12