Macro to set the category of Deleted Item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4DaddyT

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have the following macro to search all my email accounts but I'd like to exclude the Deleted Items folder. I thought there might be a way to filter it in my text search statement but wasn't successful. After a couple hours I thought I might be able to do it by setting a category and filtering not to include that category. I must be over looking something but this seems like overkill. So continuing with this category thought, I would like to create a macro to set the category of items that arrive in the Deleted Items folder to 'Deleted' then I would just add "& NOT category: (Deleted)" to my txtSearch variable. My current macro below...

Sub LastSevenDays()
Dim myolApp As New Outlook.Application
Dim tDate As Date
tDate = Now - 7

txtSearch = "received: (" & Format(tDate, "mm/dd/yyyy") & ".." & Format(Now, "mm/dd/yyyy") & ")"
myolApp.ActiveExplorer.Search txtSearch, olSearchScopeAllFolders

Set myolApp = Nothing
End Sub

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you have the option set to include the deleted items in all items search? That should skip the deleted items in the macro too.

if you need that enabled for all except this search add folderpath: NOT deleted to the tstSearch string.

Last edited:

4DaddyT

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have the option 'Include messages from Deleted items folder in each data file when searching All Items' uncheck and the query was still bringing back those deleted items. I added 'folderpath: NOT deleted' to my txtSearch variable and that solved my issue. Thank you Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Q How do I set up macro for adobe Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V macro runs slower on startup than after Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 4
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook macro to automate search and forward process Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Reply and replyall macro is not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Adding Macro to populate "to" "subject" "body" not deleting email string below. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Copying data from e-mail attachement to EXCEL file via macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 38
M Macro to add date/time stamp to subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R VBA macro - new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Macro using .SendUsingAccount only works the first time, after starting Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Macro for attachment saved and combine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Search with Google Macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Slow VBA macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Print Attachments only in selected emails using a macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Macro for attachments download adjustment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VBA macro for Inbox's attachments search Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0