How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts?

Biff2020

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello! I am looking for a way to sync calendars and contacts in Outlook (2016 and 356 32bit), iphone and Google. (if possible). A 3rd party application is acceptable to make this work. Looking to edit in any of the three application and have them sync in all three. Played around with included tools for contacts and there are the results:
Editing in, then syncing=
o Outlook to iphone – works
o iPhone to Outlook – Not working
o Google to iPhone – works
o iPhone to Google - works
o Google to Outlook – Not working

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
o Outlook to iphone – works
o iPhone to Outlook – Not working
This should work using icloud addin - you do need to make sure you are creating the events on the icloud calendar on the phone.

o Google to iPhone – works
o iPhone to Google - works

o Google to Outlook – Not working
This needs a 3rd party utility - companionlink or gsyncit.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I've always found the Apple contacts on the Iphone to be better app than Outlook contacts for Iphone. The Apple app knows how to handle multiple Office 365 and Exchange contact folders. The Outlook for Iphone does not.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Honestly, they both have basically the same (limited) features, so it doesn't matter which you use. The big difference is outlook app is one app, not 2 or 3 but it doesn't sync contacts - it uses search to find them. it can sync one to the native app so you have them for messaging and calls.

Oh, and if you want to sync notes or tasks, you need to set the account up in the native app - you can turn off mail and calendar sync.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Honestly, they both have basically the same (limited) features, so it doesn't matter which you use. The big difference is outlook app is one app, not 2 or 3 but it doesn't sync contacts - it uses search to find them. it can sync one to the native app so you have them for messaging and calls.

Oh, and if you want to sync notes or tasks, you need to set the account up in the native app - you can turn off mail and calendar sync.
for reasons i've never figured out or gotten good answer from mobile Outlook support, there are many contacts that i can easily find in the portal or desktop OL, but not on the Iphone Outlook app. I can find them easily on the Apple contact app.