Tired of Outlook disabling Adobe PDF Creator add-in

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Not that I used it often, but always that Adobe addins were problematic. And the Adobe pdf previewer was usually sloooow opening docs.

I still use Acrobat but installed an Adobe clone: Pdf-Xchange as my default. Comes with it's own addins. Much faster opening pdfs from Outlook or outside Outside Outlook. Unfortunately I have some apps that only work with Acrobat, but I'll used Acrobat for them.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks for the information.

Yeah, the acrobat addin is buggy, but there is a reg key you can set if outlook only disables it becuase its slow - it won't help if it causes outlook to crash. Outlook will override the keys if it crashes outlook.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Tired of sync issues: There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004100d. Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 2
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Outlook and iPhone Sync Using Outlook 3
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4