Add, remove, & reorder folder pane

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Somehow, my folder pane has reordered itself. I've attached what it looks like now. I don't use Outlook 2016 (on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit) for mail...just for calendar, tasks, & contacts.
On the image below, I would like to:
1. Eliminate the 2 calendars in the folder pane.
2. Get rid of inbox, drafts, & sent items, if possible.

I would like the order of items listed to be calendar, tasks, contacts, notes (& shortcuts, which I don't see at all). Additionally, I don't see an option to add Favorites.
Thank you in advance,
Navigation Folder.PNG

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Diane:
Thank you so much. I got rid of seeing 2 calendars.
However, when I pressed Ctrl+2, it shows the calendars in the folder pane, but not tasks, contacts, notes & shortcuts. I just wanted to reorder the list. How can I get the other items back & reorder the list?
Edit: I found that pressing Ctrl+6 brought back the list in the folder pane. I'd still like to edit the list to remove what I don't need & reorder the list. Is there a way to do that?
Thank you again.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
you have an older version of Outlook - and the full folder list can't be reordered in that version. Outlook 2016 supports re-ordering the folders but you can't remove the default folders you aren't using. You might be able to hide them - well, you can hide them but Outlook may unhide them. if you delete them, Outlook will recreate the folders.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
you have an older version of Outlook - and the full folder list can't be reordered in that version. Outlook 2016 supports re-ordering the folders but you can't remove the default folders you aren't using. You might be able to hide them - well, you can hide them but Outlook may unhide them. if you delete them, Outlook will recreate the folders.

Hi Diane:
Thanks for the link to the article. I do have Outlook 2016. Is there a way to reorder the folders because I can't seem to find it?

Also, while I can press Ctrl+6 to get the folder pane to show all folders, that used to be my default way of opening Outlook. Now, when it opens to Calendar view, the folder pane shows only the calendars. I'd like the Ctrl+6 view to be the default.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm so used to see the ugly white icons - the picture looked like an older version.

Folder ribbon > is show all folders a to z highlighted? it should be "off" if you want to be able to move folders around.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks again. But I can't find that icon (show A to Z). And when I close Outlook & reopen it, it only shows the calendars in the folder pane. I have to manually press Ctrl+6 to show all the folders.
Folder Ribbon.png