Junk Folder Clean Up Rules

Retired Geek

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My problem is not getting Junk Mail out of my Inbox. Microsoft recognizes most junk and sends it directly to the Junk folder. What MS misses gets caught with my MS Outlook Inbox rules. So 99.5% of all my junk mail goes directly to the Junk folder. No problem there. In terms of volume that amounts from 60 to 120 junk mails per day.

The issue is you can’t apply MS Rules to a sub folder nor use wildcards (especially if you are an IMAP server) and I can’t chance just emptying the entire Junk folder. I first must review the junk mail (daily) for false positives like email from a first time account. I would like to set up a specific junk folder rule(s)s to delete anything that I identify as real junk and be able to use wildcards to accomplish this. And something easy, something that doesn’t require constant script updates.

Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
>> What MS misses gets caught with my MS Outlook Inbox rules.
Are you deleting these or moving them to junk email?

You can set up rules and run them manually on the junk folder. I have a macro that watches the folder and deleting mail that meets a condition - in the sample, it's using sender's TLD but could use anything, as long as its always the same field.

If you go the rules route, i have a macro that selects and runs the rules, saving a couple of steps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Probem with junk mail folder in new account in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M junk mail folder Using Outlook 2
K Emails stuck in 'Junk' folder Using Outlook 0
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
Z OL2007 - is there a way to disable the "feature" that cripples mails that are in the "junk" folder? Using Outlook 37
L My junk email folder has disappeared - Using Outlook 0
V Macro to view Junk Email folder Using Outlook 4
V Emails going to Junk folder Using Outlook 2
U Problems with junk mail folder... Using Outlook 1
R Emails suddenly going to the Junk email folder Exchange Server Administration 3
G Red crossed circle disappeared from Junk Mail folder Using Outlook 3
E Can rules be applied to the Junk E-mail folder? Using Outlook 2
C Junk Folder not operating Using Outlook 4
P Efaxes go directly to Junk Folder often even though they are in my safe sender list. Using Outlook 4
P MS Outlook 2007 sends email OK. Receives junk mail in junk folder OK. Does not not load received ma Using Outlook 1
B junk email folder properties synchronization tab missing ..outlook 2007 client Using Outlook 3
J Safe Sender emails are going to JUNK folder Using Outlook 3
B junk email folder properties synchronization tab missing outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
W My Junk-Email Folder is Invisible Using Outlook 11
A Safe-listed mail keeps getting forwarded to the junk mail folder Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007. A copy of all incoming emails go to Junk folder. __ Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 sends Exchange Server email straight to junk folder Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2003. All incoming emails go to Junk folder. Using Outlook 2
P my inbox messages, disappers when junk folder is selected @msn the web interface... Using Outlook 4
P why do I get Junk Mail...when I said No...Delete Junk Mail Before it gets to the Junk Folder. Using Outlook 12
S I want pictures as attachments in Junk Mail folder Using Outlook 1
S User's Junk E-mail Folder is under Journal Using Outlook 5
S Genuine mails are going to junk folder. Using Outlook 5
G Contacts go into junk email folder Using Outlook 4
G Re: Contacts go into junk email folder Using Outlook 3
J When I send myself an email I am not receiveing it, nor is it in my junk folder Using Outlook 1
N In Outlook 2007 a huge percentage of emails I am receiving are forced into the junk folder Using Outlook 2
P Problems with Junk folder in Outlook 2010 . . . Using Outlook 2
T I have a circle with a slash on my junk email folder - what does it mean and how do I correct it? Using Outlook 1
K Missing junk folder in Outlook 2010 for one of the email accounts. Using Outlook 2
V Re: JUNK MAIL FOLDER HAS A BLOCK THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. IT JUST STARTED 2 DAYS AGO. Using Outlook 1
C Meeting forward notifications in Outlook 2010 or 2007 automatically going to junk e-mail folder Using Outlook 1
C outlook does not filter blocked sender emails to junk folder anymore Using Outlook 3
R Missing delete items folder, junk mail folder, sent mail folder and a spam folder. When I delete a Using Outlook 2
J all my mail goes in to the junk folder in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Hide unread items count in a folder especially junk items Using Outlook 1
P Missing Junk Mail Folder Using Outlook 6
R How to remove or move the default Junk e-mail folder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
T Outlook add-in: How to find localized name of the "Junk e-mail"folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
J Junk mail doesn't work Using Outlook 3
T New Account Shows No Junk Mail Folfer Using Outlook 0
C Why can junk mail be from one’s own email address? Using Outlook 7