Ctrl+Tab sometimes will not move through text a word at a time

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am new to Outlook 365 (2016?). On my old 2007 Outlook, I could skip over words using Ctrl+Tab (or back tab). In Outlook 2016, this sometimes doesn't work. It;s worjing right now, so I can't be more specific about when and where. But I think it was in emails.

Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you composing or reading messages?

In the Outlook interface, Ctrl+Tab shifts between the elements in the windows - message list to reading pane to each module in the to-do bar (if used), to the navigation buttons, to the folder list, then back to the message list. Backspace is now used for the Archive button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N .StartDate & .EndDate Only Works Sometimes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
GregS Outlook mail arrives in batches, sometimes hours late Using Outlook 1
S "Search People" sometimes shows contacts 2 different ways - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
O Form cache size for OL2010 is set up to 0 Kbs, but sometimes ! Using Outlook 8
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
H I sometimes get duplicate e-mails that I have sent showing up in my sent items folder Using Outlook 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2007 sometimes displays EMails characters all garbled (Japanese origin) Using Outlook 7
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
C RSS feeds sometimes quit working Using Outlook 4
L Receiving identical set of emails downloading into Outlook inbox every day, sometimes twice a day si Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 freezes and sometimes shuts down my computer, which produces a blue screen. OS=Vista Ho Using Outlook 1
P My Outlook 2010 won't delete files, or at least, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.__ Using Outlook 1
K OUTLOOK 2010 SOMETIMES SENDS TWO COPIES OF EMAILS Using Outlook 1
R Why is my "send/receive" [e]-mail option running so slow? Sometimes it runs very smoothly, but most Using Outlook 1
W Add to safe sender list does not work in preview pane sometimes Using Outlook 1
P Sometimes Outlook 2007 asks Exchange IMAP mailbox password in middle of use Using Outlook 5
P Deleting Emails takes FOREVER and sometimes causes program to not respond Using Outlook 1
C A colleague and I share some company Email addresses sometimes I get the mails sometimes I get them then they dissappear!! Using Outlook 1
E Microsot Outlook Calendar Issue: Updates to meeting requests give differeing responses and sometimes Using Outlook 3
E Microsot Outlook Calendar Issue: Updates to meeting requests give differeing responses and sometimes Using Outlook 3
K Outlook lists emails sometimes by email address, sometimes by name. Using Outlook 1
G Exchange 2010 + outlook 2010 sometimes would lost Email. Exchange Server Administration 2
G Outlook is sometimes sending duplicate emails for a few users Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Custom views: settings and filters disappear sometimes after changing the view Using Outlook 2
K Outlooki is dropping characters, sentences and paragraphs and sometimes displaying style tags Using Outlook 2
R Single Quotes sometimes around e-mail addresses Using Outlook 7
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
Nadine Rule to move attachments with specific name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
T Move calendar invites to new calendar Using Outlook 5
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Move emails of same conversation to same subfolder Using Outlook 6
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
Peter H Williams How to Move Mail item after processing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12