Cannot open PST file for first session each day

Lhhesscpa

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The first time I start Outlook each day the PST file won't load. The temporary solution is to run Quick Repair. After that the PST file opens. If I close Outlook and reopen it during the same day, the PST file opens. If I close Outlook on one day and try to open it on a later day, the same problem occurs. Screenshot of message attached. Here's the message I get:

Outlook error on boot.jpg

Lhhesscpa

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've discovered what I think the issue is. Right after logging in I check the Task Manager and see that Outlook.exe is running. I end that process and Outlook boots correctly. I haven't found why Outlook.exe is running. That's not happening on any of my otheer 3 Windows 10 machines. Any suggestions?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Something is accessing outlook's data file - do you use a sync utility- that is common cause of this.

Lhhesscpa

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use G Suite Sync on 3 computers but only 1 has the issue. The app is active on all 3 at login. The problem seems to be related to outlook.exe which starts on the 1 computer when I first log in each day and before I start Outlook. On that computer, once I have cleared the problem by running a local repair, the problem does not appear again until the next day. I have even t tested this behavior bye logging off and then walking on and logging on not long after midnight and the problem re-appears. The only difference in the way I use the two computers on which the problem does not occur is that they are powered down each day and the problem computer runs 24/7 was not only thing not insignificant default on loans

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I don't think its gsuite. At least I have not noticed it on my gsuite computer. Is there anything else that uses outlook data? What do you use for antivirus?
I have a list of programs known to cause this problem at

Lhhesscpa

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The only add-in I have that's on your list is Skype. I have disabled it. Interestingly, the problem computer is the only one that has QuickBooks (Desktop Accountants Edition 2019). The e-mail preference setting in all company files is "none."

So the problem persists.

A factor that still seems to be related to the problem is that I can get Outlook to load correctly after doing a Quick Repair or Online Repair or just deleting the Outlook.exe file. That will work only for the rest of the day. The next day, when I first log in to Windows, Outlook.exe is once again loaded. Note that removing and reinstalling Outlook and rebooting my computer have no effect.