Export-Import .pst file problems

MattInLA

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I upgraded to Win-10 / Office 2010 on a new machine, and am moving over 1500 contact records critical data for my business from Win-7 outlook 2007. There are 3 user defined fields and they do not appear in the exported file, I googled this issue and it seems outlook does not export UDF's. So, I did some testing, inserted a NAME field into my existing CONTACTS records folder). You can rename this to whatever you want and I did, and this interestingly, now shows up as a UDF field which does not export either. SO, I did even more testing, deleted that column I re-selected the NAME column, did not change the name of the NAME column , inserted that, added some data, exported and THAT field does not show up either, so WHAT exactly is going on? I viewed my .PST file directly with a .PST viewer, EXTREMELY HANDY for t his. WHAT are the rules here for exporting fields in Contacts folder? This is a big deal, I have a large contacts file with column data I CANNOT MIGRATE / EXPORT. Big problem.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
UDFs do not export. Or import.

You cab use the user1 - user4 fields for the data (use a macro to move the data to and from those fields) or use a macro to export all fields. But... you don't need to. If you have the data in a pst in 2007, copy the pst to the new computer. Or export the contacts to a pst. Moving an existing pst to the new computer has a number of advantages, including you'll keep views, rules, categories, and custom forms

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is a big deal, I have a large contacts file with column data I CANNOT MIGRATE / EXPORT. Big problem.
Why not? Moving the contacts as outlook contacts is the most efficient method and will preserve the fields and their values.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Opening/Archiving/Import/Export PST files Using Outlook 4
R Flagged for Follow Up Search folder MIA after PST export/import Using Outlook 1
G import/export .pst file Using Outlook 5
J trouble importing Office 2003 contact data (activities,etc.) using .pst file export & import to a se Using Outlook 1
H export import pst files Using Outlook 2
P Import (or export) PST from a 'Client' Exchange Server Administration 5
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
Sarge USMC Cannot import/export Outlook 13 Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Codes Export and Import Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2007 Toolbar Export and Import Using Outlook 7
T Distribution List - Export/Import Using Outlook 4
K outlook 2007 Export/Import Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
J Import/Export Mailbox issue Error: -2147467259 Exchange Server Administration 1
Z Import/Export button missing on Contact toolbar Using Outlook 2
B Re: Export/Import/Switch from WLM to Outlook Using Outlook 1
B import/export feature in address book is greyed out Using Outlook 2
R is import and export engine available in outlook 2010 trial version? Using Outlook 2
D cannot import contact files to outlook 2003, cannot change import and export applications and tools, Using Outlook 3
H How to export and import account settings? Using Outlook 7
J Mailbox Export Import issue on Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
N Export contacts to .csv to import into Hotmail Using Outlook 15
L In the File drop menu 'Import/Export' does nothing when I click on it Using Outlook 1
L Is it possible to Export from MS Office and Import to Windows Live Email? Using Outlook 4
D Need to export contacts but the export/import option does not show in the advanced options tab as the HELP option says it will Using Outlook 4
Z Import/Export-Mailbox doesn't work? Exchange Server Administration 4
R Can I export/import emails from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2007 (not on an exchange server)? Using Outlook 1
R 2003 Outlook Import and Export Wizard won't appear. Using Outlook 7
R Import and Export Outlook Categories Using Outlook 1
T I am trying to use the import/export feature for outlook 2010 but I get an error message that the profile is already in use. Using Outlook 2
N Export/Import Using Outlook 1
L Import/Export of Contacts from/to Excel does not import E-Mail addresses Using Outlook 2
M outlook 2007 import export button is gray Using Outlook 7
1 'import/export' disabled! Using Outlook 2
O How to export and import filter rules into Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
J MS Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Use Import/Export? Using Outlook 0
A my file menue do not have import export Using Outlook 1
A Import/Export email folders in Outlok 2010 Using Outlook 4
W No 'import/export' option in file menu Using Outlook 2
M No Import and Export Wizard in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
K Import and Export Using Outlook 6
L Import/Export BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B BCM shuts down everytime I try to import/export or check for error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
S Business Data Import and Export Load Error Cannot Map BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0