Upgraded Outlook

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I was upgrading my wife's Win 10 computer, from Office 2016 to 2019.

The install made me first uninstall the old version, because the new one was Click To Run.

I was expecting to do a lot of work for setup, because she has 5 mail accounts, of all varieties, a separate pst to hold contacts and calendar, and an archive pst.

I was surprised to find after the uninstall/install that all 5 accounts and the pst's were configured perfectly, with no need for any setup on my part.

Is this because the registry keys remained after the uninstall? I've never come across this before.

Thanks

Sanjeev9910

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
This due to you have only upgrade MS office this made Office recognize the mail accounts and there's a reason also that you may be autosaved the accounts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Upgraded to Outlook 2010, now contacts have problems displaying and other issues. Using Outlook 3
S Re: Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 lost my secondary contacts list Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 and now random Outlook clients are requesting authentication Exchange Server Administration 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 3
B Upgraded to Outlook 2007, my custom stationary no longer works Using Outlook 1
C Windows XP Upgraded Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2010 email problems Using Outlook 1
S Upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 and my Outlook rules have all disappeared Using Outlook 2
N Upgraded to Office 2010 - Now have full Outlook, but only some e-mails come through - others still go to my Outlook Express Using Outlook 1
V I upgraded to professional Plus outlook 2010 ____Desk top alaert will not show up when box is checked to activate____Mail icon will not show up on tra Using Outlook 1
R Upgraded to Outlook 2007 AND Exchange online - lost nk2 files Using Outlook 4
M Recently upgraded to Window 7, and also Micosoft Office 2010, lost all email contacts from the previous version on Windows XP and Outlook Express....C Using Outlook 1
M Emails stuck in outbox have upgraded from Outlook 2007 to 2010 and the same problem exists. Never had this problem with Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 2
W Upgraded to Outlook 2010 - rules are working but mail folders don't expand when emails are transferred. Using Outlook 1
G Upgraded from 2003 to 2010...I am missing Exmerge. HELP!!! Exchange Server Administration 3
J Upgraded to Office 2010 Pro on XP Pro. Using Outlook 5
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
W We upgraded from office 2003 to 2007. Using Outlook 1
W I just upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimatee and installed Windows Live. How Using Outlook 1
B Public folder name is not valid in Exchange 2010 after upgraded from Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 5
M RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM HOME & BUSINESS to OFFICE PRO - CANNOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS DIRECTLY FROM EMAIL Using Outlook 1
C Exchange 2010 upgrade scenario with UM 2010 role not upgraded Exchange Server Administration 2
J Just upgraded 2003-2010. Can't send messages with attachments Exchange Server Administration 6
D I just upgraded to Office 2010. Cannot send emails Using Outlook 3
L Oulook 2003 Form upgraded to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 5
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 3
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 12
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3