Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio

katiebelled

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
My firm uses outlook first and then stores emails within the documents tab of Clio - a legal software. I have attempted to contact Clio with this issue and they are of no help. With our old firm's software (ProLaw) we were able to drag and drop emails into the software. With Clio, it is very finicky. If I use Edge, drag and drop works perfectly fine, but I prefer to use Chrome. When we use Chrome, we figured out that it will allow us to drag and drop from the sent, deleted, archive, etc, but not from the Inbox. In fact, today, we found out that emails more than 1 day old will drag and drop, but not any from the current day. Clio's support always thinks it is a cache problem, and clearing the cache does not resolve the issue. One way to get around the issue (other than using Edge) is to drag the email to the desktop and then drag it to Clio. This is unfeasible because we may need to catalog 50 emails a day. But this "fix" shows me that if the email is saved locally, it will drag and drop just fine.

My question is this: are day old emails in outlook saved in a different place on my computer so that it would foster the drag and drop option? Why would 1 day old/sent/deleted/archive etc emails drag and drop, but the current day's emails will not? Help!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
>> (other than using Edge)
Are you using the old Edge or the new Edge (that is chromium based, ie, almost identical to Chrome)

>>
My question is this: are day old emails in outlook saved in a different place on my computer so that it would foster the drag and drop option? Why would 1 day old/sent/deleted/archive etc emails drag and drop, but the current day's emails will not? Help!
>>
No, they are saved in the exact same data file and folder as older messages.

What are you using for antivirus? Any addins?

katiebelled

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Thank you for your reply. I just updated to the new version of edge. Now it does not work with edge either. To add another wrinkle, my legal assistant says she uses Chrome without issue.

katiebelled

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
I am using the built-in Windows defender.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Same antivirus? Do you have any extensions installed in Chrome?

katiebelled

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Adobe, Amazon Assistant, Google Docs, and Wikibuy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Outlook Web App 2010 accessible from Google Chrome but OWA freezes with an "Access is denied uglobal Exchange Server Administration 3
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 5
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 3
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 12
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3